Last update: April 23, 2019
An efficient way to help business users to recognize situations in their area that require their attention is to offer them key performance indicators (KPIs).
With the heavy invest in the analytics capabilities in SAP Business ByDesign in the last few releases, KPIs are among the features now available.
To foster adoption, the SAP Business ByDesign Product Management Team would like to share their personal insights on some concrete KPI examples with you.
These KPIs can – as of now – be realized based on existing analytics content. Beyond the KPIs themselves, we will as well convey a few tips and tricks, some thoughts on how to build KPIs, and what to consider when building them. We hope that in doing so this serves as food for thought and helps you to solve your own questions.
To make our point, we have selected a few business areas. For each of those, we will introduce one or several individual blog posts on KPIs. You can find the concrete content either by starting from this blog post or by searching for the tag “byd kpis” in the SAP Business ByDesign Commmunity.
Please expect the list of our contributions to grow in the weeks and months to come.
Now, here is the content:
- Planning and Control
- Project Management
- Quality Management
- Q: Is there some information on how to build KPIs?
A: KPI-related documentation is available, but to have a jump start, please watch this video.
- Q: Is there some overview of SAP Business ByDesign Analytics capabilities?
A: The blog post Overview and Update on Built-in Analytics in SAP Business ByDesign is regularly updated.
- Q: SAP delivers KPIs. When I want to adapt them, what is the easiest way? Do I have to copy and alter them?
A: As of release 1905 you can adapt SAP-delivered KPIs. Please watch this video.
Generic Content-Related FAQs
- Q: How do I find content-related blog posts for this series?
A: We are tagging all blog post with “byd kpis”
April 23, 2019
- FAQs updated.
April 11, 2019
- Project Management: Identify projects at risk to overrun their timelines and budgets
March 1, 2019
- Project Management: Time Recording Reassignments
February 26/27, 2019:
- Production: Actual Scrap Rate (%)
- Purchasing: Maverick Spend (%)
- Quality Management: Rejection quota
- Warehousing: Number of Retrieved Items
February 18, 2019:
- Sales: Customer Discount Monitor