For SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise 2018 was the year of the SAP ASE 16.0 SP03 innovation release. On top of all the available features this release delivered:
- The In-Memory Row Store (IMRS) and other XOLTP features
- A 3-Tier High Availability setup with SAP Replication Server 16.0
- The Long Term Performance Data Repository (BALDR)
- The Technical Monitoring Cockpit content package for monitoring
- A Secure Store
- New Cloud certifications
- and much more …
That’s great and we had a lot of events and sessions to talk about this. One frequently asked question in this sessions was where to find documentation and training material for all the new features. So, a good choice to start is always here:
The SAP Community is a perfect place to ask your question and to follow the lastest discussion. The SAP Help Portal delivers all the official installation and administration guides.
Some of you did not stop asking my team and me for additional training and learning content. And we heard you.
We proudly present the new Learning Journey ‘SAP ASE 16.0 Administration and Monitoring‘ in the SAP Learning Hub:
What are Learning Journeys?
Learning Journeys are visual guides, designed to help you complete the learning path for particular SAP solutions. They are available 24×7 in the SAP Learning Hub for your individual learning speed.
To help you navigate a Learning Journey, there are a few key interactions you should understand before getting started.
This first edition of our Learning Journey provides a general overview and has a content focus on:
- HA/DR setup and administration (with SAP Replication Server 16.0)
- Fault Manager setup and configuration
- System monitoring with the DBA Cockpit and the Technical Monitoring Cockpit
A major content update will happen every 6 months. And again we count on you. Give us feedback! Let us know what content you want to see next!
Don’t stop learning!