The official partnership of SAP Cloud Platform Portal and Contentstack – a leading headless CMS solutions – was announced at the end of 2017. Multiple blogs have been written in this community about the advantages of headless and Contentstack:
The main differentiation that Headless introduces is the decoupling of the content management environment (and persona) from the presentation layers. In this integration Contenstack is the content managements environment and Cloud Portal is one of possible multiple channels of presentation.
In this blog I would like to focus on the integration itself and instead of elaborating too much I encourage you to try it first hand! We provided the source code and an easy-to-follow guide available in the Cloud Portal’s sample GitHub repository.
These are the steps you will go through:
- Step 0: Prerequisites
- Step 1: Create a New Stack (Contentstack)
- Step 2: Set Up Content Types (Contentstack)
- Step 3: Create an Environment (Contentstack)
- Step 4: Create Entries (Contentstack)
- Step 5: Deploy Contentstack Proxy Application (SAP Cloud Platform)
- Step 6: Create Destinations for Proxy and Backend (SAP Cloud Platform)
- Step 7: Develop Portal Widgets (SAP Web IDE)
- Step 8: Set up a Portal Site (SAP Cloud Portal)
- Step 9: Configure Widget Settings (SAP Cloud Portal)
Once completed, you will have a Portal site displaying content that is managed in Contentstack