Farm Detector with Agri One – SME SEEDx Development Challenge 2019
The following blog post is a submission for SME SEEDx Development Challenge 2019.
This is a challenge that we can participates to develop a working system with latest SAP technologies such as SAPUI5, Fiori. For that we developed below solution.
Read more about the challenge here.
Farm Detector with Agri One Solution Demo Video:
Farm Detector with Agri One
Diseases and pests are problems for crops, which has to be solved without threatening the plant. Farmers often are unable to identify these pest and diseases properly, while researchers, plant-health authorities and extension organizations lack the data to support them.
Crop protection requires frequent updates in information and diagnosing threat in order to control it without spreading the diseases and pest. “Farm Detector” is the one that can deliver such information. It is a revolutionary app which helps to accurately diagnose pest and diseases in the field. It is the latest addition using modern digital tools to benefit Agri Businesses.
A key feature of the solution ‘Farm Detector’ is automated pest and disease diagnosis which supports precision agriculture.
The pest infestation and crop disease detected through drones are identified through the “Farm Detector” app. Besides giving a diagnosis and steps to mitigate the disease, the app also provides information on preventing the disease in the next cropping season. Data can be used for analytics for business intelligence (BI).
The servers contain lots of images of crop disease and pest infestation of many kind of crops by using image processor.
With this application, the problem of food insecurity and poverty caused by disease and pest attacks on crops will be reduced and leads to improve the product quality and the quantity (leading to more yields) for the season while maintaining a healthy farm.
Solution Use Case
Real Customer Use-case:
- Store images of pest and diseases by using image processors.
- Detect the infestation in the farm by using drones.
- Identify the pest affected to the farm crops.
- Identify diseases affected to the farm crops.
- Reports on pest and disease management
- Determine the treatment methods need to done to control the pest and diseases
UX Technology used?
Platform Technology used?
SAP HANA Cloud Platform
Any other innovative technology used?
Any SAP HANA libraries or 3rd party libraries used?
“Farm Detector” mainly focuses agriculture industry and target market is agri-businesses.
Further, companies who own farm sites and operates plantation agri-businesses such as Organic farming supply chain, Agri business companies, contract farming, nursery/poly house/hydroponic management, farms and plantations, processing/pack house and exporting will be the target market.
As the strategic direction “Farm Detector “will be developed as a new product with many values added features for agri-business industry. Technology will be the key role with power of SAP HANA and SAP Business One.
- Long term of the “Farm Detector” is not just developing as a pest and disease identifier, but also enhance to capture all required agricultural data and supports Precision Agriculture (PA).
- Integrates with irrigation management system
- Integrates with fertilizer management system
- Yield management with IOT (internet of things) & AI (Artificial intelligence),
- Predict Analysis – Pest and disease forecasting
- “Farm Detector” integrates with “Agri One” to capture real time agricultural data to support day to day operations and decision making.
- “Agri One” is a vertical solution for Agri – businesses which integrated with SAP B1.
Partner: Pristine Solution (Pvt) Ltd. ( SAP Business One Gold Partner)
Country: Sri Lanka
Team Name: Pristine Software Development Team
Ranil De Silva
Akila Sajith Kumar
Kevin De Costa
I believe you will like our solution idea and the read was worth your valuable time. And I’m sincerely thankful to the entire SAP SMB SEEDx Team that gave us this opportunity to learn the new technologies and use those in enterprise type solutions…
For more information about the development challenge, you may refer to the SME SEEDx Development Challenge 2019.