SAP HANA Research Publications in 2017
By Dr. Ismail Oukid
2017 has been an exciting year for the SAP HANA research team with high-quality research results, painting a promising future for SAP HANA. Several of these results has been published in top-tier peer-reviewed research venues.
The publications cover a wide range of topics, such as data management in the cloud, non-volatile memory, storage management, graph processing, and software testing. Below is a selection of our publications in 2018:
- Mirjana Pavlovic, Kai-Niklas Bastian, Hinnerk Gildhoff, Anastasia Ailamaki: Dictionary Compression in Point Cloud Data Management. SIGSPATIAL. 2017.
- Georgios Psaropoulos, Thomas Legler, Norman May, Anastasia Ailamaki: Interleaving with Coroutines: A Practical Approach for Robust Index Joins. PVLDB 11(2): 230-242 (2017)
- Stefan Bäuerle, Alexander Böhm: Bridging the semantical gap between relational data and application-level business objects with core data services. Invited talk. DBPL@VLDB 2017
- Stefan Bäuerle, Alexander Böhm: Bringing computation to the data(base) with Core Data Services (CDS). LWDA 2017
- Thomas Bach, Artur Andrzejak, Ralf Pannemans, and David Lo: The Impact of Coverage on Bug Density in a Large Industrial Software Project, 11th Int. Symp. on Empirical Software Engineering and Measurement (ESEM 2017), November 9-10, 2017, Toronto, Canada.
- Ismail Oukid, Anisoara Nica, Daniel Dos Santos Bossle, Wolfgang Lehner, Peter Bumbulis, Thomas Willhalm: Adaptive Recovery for SCM-Enabled Databases. ADMS@VLDB 2017
- Ismail Oukid, Daniel Booss, Adrien Lespinasse, Wolfgang Lehner, Thomas Willhalm, Grégoire Gomes: Memory Management Techniques for Large-Scale Persistent-Main-Memory Systems. PVLDB10(11): 1166-1177 (2017)
- Jan Broß, Simon Gog, Matthias Hauck and Marcus Paradies: Fast Construction of Compressed Web Graphs. SPIRE 2017
- Marcus Paradies, Cornelia Kinder, Jan Bross, Thomas Fischer, Romans Kasperovics, and Hinnerk Gildhoff: GraphScript: Implementing Complex Graph Algorithms in SAP HANA. DBPL 2017
- Lucas Lersch, Ismail Oukid, Ivan Schreter, Wolfgang Lehner: Rethinking DRAM Caching for LSMs in an NVRAM Environment. ADBIS 2017
- Lucas Lersch, Ismail Oukid, Wolfgang Lehner, Ivan Schreter: Abstract: An Analysis of LSM Caching in NVRAM. DaMoN 2017
- Ismail Oukid, Wolfgang Lehner: Tutorial: Data Structures Engineering For Byte-Addressable Non-Volatile Memory. SIGMOD 2017
- Frank Tetzel, Hannes Voigt, Marcus Paradies, Wolfgang Lehner: An Analysis of the Feasibility of Graph Compression Techniques for Indexing Regular Path Queries. GRADES 2017
- Matthias Hauck, Marcus Paradies, Holger Fröning: Can Modern Graph Processing Engines Run Concurrent Queries Efficiently? GRADES 2017
- Ismail Oukid , Robert Kettler, Thomas Willhalm: Storage class memory and databases: Opportunities and challenges. it-Information Technology 2017.
- Daniel Ritter, Norman May, Stefanie Rinderle-Ma: Patterns for Emerging Application Integration Scenarios: A Survey. Information Systems 2017.
- Norman May, Alexander Boehm, Wolfgang Lehner: SAP HANA – The Evolution of an In-Memory DBMS from OLAP Processing Towards Mixed Workloads. BTW 2017
- Michael Rudolf, Hannes Voigt, Wolfgang Lehner: SPARQLytics: Multidimensional Analytics for RDF. BTW 2017
- Thomas Bach, Artur Andrzejak, and Ralf Pannemans: Coverage-Based Reduction of Test Execution Time: Lessons from a Very Large Industrial Project, TAIC PART 2017, co-located with: 10th IEEE International Conference on Software Testing, Verification and Validation (ICST 2017), March 13th, 2017, Tokyo, Japan
For a comprehensive list of our publications, please visit: https://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/SAPHANA/Scientific+Publications+and+Activities+of+the+SAP+HANA+Database+Campus