By Dr. Ismail Oukid
In 2016, the SAP HANA research team has achieved many compelling research results that will improve SAP HANA in the future. Several of these results has been published in top-tier peer-reviewed research venues.
The publications cover a wide range of topics, such as task scheduling, sparse matrix multiplication, non-volatile memory, indexing, graph processing, and query processing. Below is a selection of our publications in 2018:
- Robert Brunel, Norman May, Alfons Kemper: Index-Assisted Hierarchical Computations in Main-Memory RDBMS. PVLDB 9(12): 1065-1076 (2016)
- Iraklis Psaroudakis, Tobias Scheuer, Norman May, Abdelkader Sellami, Anastasia Ailamaki: Adaptive NUMA-aware data placement and task scheduling for analytical workloads in main-memory column-stores. PVLDB 10(2): 37-48 (2016)
- Daniel Ritter, Norman May, Kai Sachs, Stefanie Rinderle-Ma: Benchmarking integration pattern implementations. DEBS 2016: 125-136
- Tobias Scheuer, Norman May, Alexander Boehm, Daniel Scheibli: JexLog: A Sonar for the Abyss, Demo, VLDB 2016, New Delhi, India, Sept. 5-9, 2016
- Jan Finis, Robert Brunel, Alfons Kemper, Thomas Neumann, Norman May, Franz Faerber: Order Indexes: supporting highly dynamic hierarchical data in relational main-memory database systems. The VLDB Journal (2016): 1-26
- Alexander Boehm, Jens Dittrich (Saarland University), Niloy Mukherjee (Oracle), Ippokratis Pandis (Amazon Web Services) Rajkumar Sen (Oracle): Tutorial: Operational analytics data management systems, VLDB 2016, New Delhi, India, Sept. 5-9, 2016
- Ismail Oukid, Johan Lasperas, Anisoara Nica, Thomas Willhalm, Wolfgang Lehner. FPTree: A Hybrid SCM-DRAM Persistent and Concurrent B-Tree for Storage Class Memory. SIGMOD 2016, San Francisco, California, USA, June 26 – July 1 2016.
- Ismail Oukid, Daniel Booss, Adrien Lespinasse, Wolfgang Lehner. On Testing Persistent-Memory-Based Software. DaMoN 2016 (co-located with SIGMOD 2016), San Francisco, California, USA, June 27, 2016.
- David Kernert, Wolfgang Lehner, Frank Köhler. Topology-Aware Optimization of Big Sparse Matrices and Matrix Multiplications on Main-Memory Systems. ICDE 2016, Helsinki, Finland, May 16-20, 2016.
- Elena Vasilyeva, Maik Thiele, Thomas Heinze, Wolfgang Lehner. DebEAQ – Debugging Empty-Answer Queries On Large Data Graphs (Demonstration). ICDE 2016, Helsinki, Finland, May 16-20, 2016.
- Elena Vasilyeva. Why-Query Support in Graph Databases (PhD Symposium). ICDE 2016, Helsinki, Finland, May 16-20, 2016.
For a comprehensive list of our publications, please visit: https://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/SAPHANA/Scientific+Publications+and+Activities+of+the+SAP+HANA+Database+Campus