Adopting Risk Based Maintenance: Enabled by SAP Asset Strategy and Performance Management
SAP Asset Strategy and Performance Management is part of SAP Intelligent Asset Management which is a recently launched suite of cloud-based solutions within the overall SAP Enterprise Asset Management (EAM) portfolio which is designed to support the digital transformation of asset management.
SAP Intelligent Asset Management also includes SAP Asset Intelligence Network, SAP Predictive Maintenance and Service, SAP Predictive Engineering Insights and SAP Asset Manager (mobile).
SAP Asset Strategy and Performance Management supports a risk-based approach to maintenance and enables better decision making for maintenance planning and to reduce the probability of asset failure. Ultimately this leads to improved business outcomes as shown below:
Let’s look in more detail of what SAP Asset Strategy and Performance Management provides:
- Asset Central Foundation allows asset information to be modelled including capability to upload S/4 HANA information utilizing templates based on ISO standards e.g. ISO14224. Models, equipment, functional locations, systems, groups, spare parts, documents, instructions, failure modes are all included in the Asset Central Foundation.
- Risk and Criticality assessment identifies high-risk assets for further analysis. This is achieved by setting up a matrix of consequence of failure vs probability of failure as shown below.
- Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA) capability to identify and document potential failures inclusive of cause and effect. The FMEA capability also includes evaluation and prioritisation of failure modes including development of risk priority number (RPN) and the identification of recommendation of action to either eliminate or reduce potential failures from occurring.
- Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM) is planned for the February 2019 (1902) release of SAP Asset Strategy and Performance Management and follows the seven steps as prescribed by SAE JA1011.
- The result of the RCM/FMEA process will provide an optimum maintenance strategy and create or change recommendations to the core CMMS e.g. SAP S/4 HANA Plant Maintenance.
- Checklists functionality will support the asset inspection process and the advanced option enables users to complex question/answer decision logic e.g. RCM decision diagram.
Finally SAP Asset Strategy and Performance Management supports companies to align with ISO55000 Asset Management System including documentation of maintenance strategy and supporting analysis.
You can get further information using the links below: