The SAP Cloud Platform, SAP HANA Service in the Cloud Foundry environment is continually backed up and requires no intervention from your side. A recovery point objective (RPO) from 15 minutes or less is observed. In addition, all backups are encrypted by the cloud provider and replicated in additional availability zones in the same region.
For the Neo environment, see
- Standard Disaster Recovery – SAP Cloud Platform, SAP HANA Service
In the video tutorial below, we discuss backup (and recovery) for the SAP HANA Service in the Cloud Foundry environment. Recovery is a service request; component HAN-CLS-DB.
Manage Backup and Configure Backup
The Backup and Configure Backup apps of the SAP HANA Cockpit for the SAP HANA Service provide detailed information about backups taken, scheduled and their configuration. The edit-mode has been disabled.
Manage Root Backup Encryption Keys
In the video tutorial below, we discuss root key encryption management in general, which includes the backup root key.
The tutorials has been posted to the following playlists:
For the documentation, see
- Backup and Recovery – SAP Cloud Platform, SAP HANA Service Getting Started Guide
- Service Requests – SAP Cloud Platform, SAP HANA Service Getting Started Guide
- Server-Side Data Encryption Services – SAP HANA Security Guide for SAP HANA Service
- Backup Encryption – SAP HANA Security Guide for SAP HANA Service
- 1642148 – FAQ: SAP HANA Database Backup & Recovery
Thank you for watching
The SAP HANA Academy provides free online video tutorials for the developers, consultants, partners and customers of SAP HANA.
Topics range from practical how-to instructions on administration, data loading and modeling, and integration with other SAP solutions, to more conceptual projects to help build out new solutions using mobile applications or predictive analysis.
For the full library, see SAP HANA Academy Library – by the SAP HANA Academy.
For the full list of blogs, see Blog Posts – by the SAP HANA Academy.