SAP ASE 16.0 SP03 PL06 was released recently. Here are some highlights of this release:
- SAP JAVA RUNTIME (JRE) 8.1.046 and 7.1.060 Support
SAP ASE now ships JAVA RUNTIME (JRE) 8.1.046 and 7.1.060 depending on which components of SAP ASE you’re using.
The SAP JVM requires specific operating system versions, additional libraries, and library patches. See SAP Note 1367498 for details.
- A new procedure, sp_shrink, allows you to shrink a device or database to reuse or delete unused space.
Key Encryption by Hardware Security Module
Hardware Security Module (HSM) is a physical device that provides secure storage for encryption keys. SAP ASE can use a single HSM key per SAP ASE instance to encrypt or decrypt master keys present in any database.
- Table level replication is supported when replicating data from an HADR system to an external system and vice versa. Table level exclusion replication is supported in HADR systems, HADR with external systems, and HADR with DR node systems.
- Both HADR systems and HADR with DR node systems support SQL statement replication.
See SQL Statement Replication in the HADR Users Guide and SQL Statement Replication in the HADR System with DR Node Users Guide.
- You can use the automatic method to configure the primary RepAgent to connect to the external SAP Replication Server to enable data replication from the primary SAP ASE to the external system when the standby host is down.
See Configuring Primary SAP ASE to Replicate Data to External System When the Standby Host is Down.
In-Memory Row Storage
- You can configure the number of rows a single query can move to the IMRS (called cached data rows).
See Determining the Number of Rows a Single Query Can Move to the IMRS.
- You can use load transaction with the until_time parameter to load an IMRS-enabled database. However, the until_time parameter breaks the load sequence, and it cannot be followed by load transaction commands.
See Dumping and Loading into an IMRS-Enabled Database.
- statistics IO is enhanced to report:
- The number of rows read, written, or migrated in IMRS cache and page-store for data row cached (DRC) and MVCC-enabled tables.
- The number of logical and physical I/Os for the sysversions table for on-disk MVCC-enabled tables.