SAP Business One Partners: Join us to the Americas SEEDx Development Challenge 2019
If you are:
- a traditional SAP Business One SDK developer, seeking to learn about modern application development with SAP HANA and Service Layer of SAP Business One, and build the next generation of loosely-coupled solutions with SAP Fiori UX for small businesses?
- a functional consultant of SAP Business One having some real business cases from customers to be addressed through solution development?
The SEEDx Development Challenge is an initiative to help you build an innovative idea, whether it is a new business idea or your customer use-cases (preference will be to use a real-life use-case).
We’re looking for solutions that are focusing on the following Intelligent Enterprise technology trends and SAP Cloud Platform:
- Machine Learning
- Internet of Things
- Big Data
- Advanced Analytics
If you have an idea or a use-case that fits one of the above, get started today!
Register here: Registration for SAP Business One Development Challenge or email your SAP Business One Local Product Expert or Solution Architect for registration.
Here you will find the Kick-Off Overview call for the challenge
A fun approach to learn cutting-edge technologies for intelligent enterprise application development, interact and collaborate with peers.
A great opportunity to win exclusive recognition of your solution at SAP Business One Americas Innovation Summit 2019, through individual marketing videos to showcase your solution to customers, SAP stakeholders, and partners.
The program will have three Phases through January 2019 to June 2019.
1st Phase: Enablement (January~March 2019)
The developer course is running on the basis of the standard Application Development online course of SAP Business One version for SAP HANA on SAP eLearning Hub in an openSAP course fashion, which you can join the focus group on registration with a private SAP Jam Group for discussion and communication. (Invited participants only).
It is recommended that participants take the below online courses for 4 weeks with a scheduled time frame. Each week have its dedicated topics, every topic includes presentation video, exercise, and solution. There will be a bi-weekly focus group call as Q&A session organized so you can ask your questions related to the course topics or your app Development specifics. Each course may take 2~4 hours to complete the week. The syllabus of online developer training list below:
|2||XS Classic||HANA Application Development related|
B1 xApp Framework
SAPUI5 & SAP Fiori
SAP Cloud Platform – BUILD & SAP Web IDE
2nd Phase: Develop (January~June 2019)
You will turn your ideas into reality by developing an application with what you have learned, as well as fine tuning your use-case via Design Thinking.
By March 30th latest, you should submit your application for the developer challenge with the following:
- An SCN blog to introduce your application including the business case, a persona of the target user, solution overview, technical architecture etc.
- A demo video (not more than 3 minutes) pitch to showcase your solution.
3rd Phase: Submit (Jan~June2019, SAP Business One Innovation Summit – Orlando)
There will be a Community vote then SAP will assess all the candidate app submission by the participants, and select the top entries to demonstrate in SAP Business One North-American Innovation Summit 2018. Further follow up with your Go-to-Market strategy afterward.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. Who can attend the SAP Business One Development Challenge program?
Only open to SAP Business One Partners (VAR, SSP, OEM, MVAR, PMC) and customers in North-America (USA/Canada). Check with your Local Product Expert if you are unsure.
There is no special requirement for the target audience to join the program, as the deliverable outcomes of the program is apps created by participants with the techniques learned in the course to address some business cases.
2. What is Focus Group and what is so special about it?
The Focus Group is a group of selected participants who are devoted to the program with a commitment to learning and app development. The focus group will be exclusively invited into a private SAP Jam Group for follow up call and communication, or Q&A and design thinking session if necessary.
3. What are the prerequisites to join the Focus Group Calls?
Register your idea via Idea Registration link
A B1H demo system ready for exercises and app development.
A burning app use-case to be addressed through app development.
And more importantly your eagerness to learn, and willingness to share and collaborate with peers.
4. How can I access the B1H HANA development online course?
You can access the course and the sample project with the instruction of this blog:
5. Can I continue the learning even after March 2019?
Yes, you are free to revisit the course on your own pace even after phase 1. However be careful about the submission and registration deadlines!
6. Can I just participate in the online course for study without joining the development challenge?
Yes, you can. As the online course is available for all the SAP eLearning Hub user, which is free for registration at https://training.sap.com/
However, you may be excluded from the Focus Group calls.
7. When is the deadline of App submission for the Development Challenge?
The app should not be submitted later than 23:59:59 June 1st, 2019 Pacific Time.
8. What are the criteria of App Submission?
Generally speaking, the app candidates should be loosely coupled solutions leveraging:
- SAP Fiori/SAPUI5 or Conversational UI as the User Experience.
- SAP Business One Service Layer for accessing business logic of SAP Business One
- (Optional)If applicable, SAP HANA Extensive Application Service(XS/XSA), Advanced Data Processing such as Predictive Analysis, Text Analysis, Spatial Processing, Graph etc.
- (Optional but recommended) If applicable, SAP Cloud Platform, such as IoT Service, Predictive Service, Leonardo Machine Learning etc.
More details about App Submission guideline is available in the jam group of the program.
9. What is the award for the winners of the Development Challenge?
SAP may award the top entries to be demonstrated on SAP Business One Innovation Summit 2018 as well as joint marketing videos to showcase the respective participant’s solution and its success. Furthermore, SAP may offer co-marketing activities to all qualified participants.
10. How to ask a technical question?
In order to boost the global SAP Business One HANA Development community,
Firstly, you should post the question on the forum of SAP Business One SDK Community with SAP Business One SDK as primary tag and add the user tag #b1helearning, hence the technical questions could be shared for the whole community, And the question will reach out to the global SAP team monitoring the community. The questions will be answered in SCN forum.
After that, please duplicate the same question into the Jam Group Forum based on the topics with the same title as the question title, the content as the url referring to the same question in SAP Business One SDK Community. Hence, all the participants are able to share.
Terms and Conditions:
All rights reserved by SAP SE.
- If SAP determines on its own discretion that a reasonable number of applications were not reached, SAP has the right to cancel the “SAP Business One Developer Challenge”.
- SAP has the right to alter any timeline (e.g. extending the application phase) and to change these Terms & Conditions at any time. SAP informs Partners about these changes via SCN or JAM.
- Any recourse to courts of law is excluded.