We have recently faced a situation while using PI /PO Swing Client in a high DPI device. e.g – The font size is too small, texts are blurry etc. When you use a high-DPI device such as a Surface Pro 3, Windows 10, Surface Pro 4, or Surface Book you experience the following issues:
- Elements such as applications, the taskbar, icons, toolbars, text, and dialog boxes appear to be fuzzy.
- Elements are too large or too small compared to the rest of the desktop.
- Blurry text appears in applications or in the Windows interface.
In order to resolve that we can change the compatibility setting of the jp2launcher.exe file either directly in the windows file system or by opening the ESR and ID in swing client. PI/PO java stacks when opened in swing client, it runs based on the Java web start / javaws.exe. The file jp2launcher.exe is part of that and can be adjusted to get the proper font size.
Please follow the below steps to change the DPI settings of this application file.
- Step1: – Open ESR or ID in Swing client.
- Step2:- Once opened, hover the mouse on the ESR/ ID and do a right click. It will open a small window like below –
- Step 3 :- Hover your mouse on the Java(TM) Web Launcher and do a right click again. Like the below picture –
- Step 4:- Now left click on the Properties this will open the settings of jp2launcher.exe as the below mentioned picture- check the below options are enabled – Override the high DPI scaling behavior
This will set the Font size to normal. Close ESR and ID re-open to check.
We can also change this settings directly in windows system by locating the jp2launcher.exe file.
Usually it resides in C:\Program Files\Java\<jre1.8.0_171 or your Java version>\bin
You must have windows admin authorization to change the properties.
Hope this will help the community to resolve this issue.