Building your first fiori App with backend connection and Odata service
A lot of time first fiori App has been discussed in the forum, this blog stands out because it describes the detail solution about how to set up connection of fiori and developed your first application with Odata services.
Just follow the simple steps.
Goto Transaction SMICM
Click services top left 3rd icon now you will see your port and IP
1) Now we have to right IP in our host file
2) now we have to create a SID file and put this in the location given below
give your IP and Port at the black mark
Now we have to create a Odata service for CRUD Application.
1) Create a Ztable which you want to use in Odata.
2) Goto Tcode SEGW and create a project
3) Then right click on Data Model goto import click DDIC Structure.
4) Give your Table name and click Next
5)Select all fields which you want to display
6) Select Is Key for fiori
7) now generate the project by clicking red circle button
8) Now redefine all method of ZTB_CRUD2SET by clicking right click on it and click go to abap workbench.
- To insert a data into ztable define CREATE_ENTITY.
- To delete a particular record from ztable we define DELETE_ENTITY
- To display/read the data from ztable we define GET_ENTITYSET
- To edit/update the record we define UPDATE_ENTITY and GET_ENTITY
- Now goto tcode Activate and maintain services to Create ODATA service
- Click on Add Service and create system alias
- Now add ZCRUD_APP_SRV
- Now go back and click find and double click on it now you can see its system alias
- Now click SAP Gateway Client to test the service
Now your Odata service is completed and running successfully
- Now goto your WEB-IDE and create a CRUD Application
- Give a project name
- Now choose a system (SID) and select you service here and start your application.
By following this blog one can easily get hands on experience working with fiori and Odata services.