SAP named a January 2019 Gartner Peer Insights Customers’ Choice for Operational Data Management Systems
“Feedback is a gift.”
It’s a phrase you hear tossed around a lot, and I agree with it one hundred percent. Feedback, be it positive or negative, is an invaluable force – no matter who you are or what you’re doing. It’s data that can shape experiences and make them meaningful. Feedback is knowledge, and knowledge is powerful.
At SAP, our customers’ feedback is what keeps us running and shapes our vision for the future. It drives us to innovate and develop next-generation technologies. Feedback from customers helps us understand their critical needs and challenges. To put it simply, customer feedback and experiences help drive our mission – to make great businesses run better, faster, and stronger by becoming Intelligent Enterprises.
Customer affirmations confirm what we know – the power of SAP HANA is real.
Recently, SAP was named a January 2019 Gartner Peer Insights Customers’ Choice for Operational Database Management Systems. The Gartner Peer Insights Customers’ Choice is a recognition of vendors in this market by verified end-user professionals, considering both the number of reviews and the overall user ratings. To ensure fair evaluation, Gartner maintains rigorous criteria for recognizing vendors with a high customer satisfaction rate.
Last year, customers were asked to complete anonymous surveys providing feedback on their experiences. The feedback in the survey was incredibly informative. Overall, customers rated SAP solutions highly on their overall user experience. They described that the SAP HANA business data platform is easy to use, has enhanced capabilities to pull and orchestrate data, and has a transformative effect overall on their organizations
The insight gained from the survey responses provided great information for all of us on where we are doing well, and where there are opportunities to do even more. As with all feedback, we are grateful for both the recognition and the insight the data provided.
Here are some excerpts from customers that contributed to this distinction:
- “Positive and great experience for using SAP HANA…” – Applications in Services Industry – https://www.gartner.com/reviews/review/view/462869
- “The implementation, operation and development process is the best way I’ve ever seen.” – Data and Analytics in the Manufacturing Industry Link – https://www.gartner.com/reviews/review/view/477056
- “Finally, a platform which users can communicate with…” — Director of Information Technologies & O in the Retail Industry Link – https://www.gartner.com/reviews/review/view/484546
- “It’s the newest Database system in the world. It uses current possibilities. If 30 years before we would have had this enormous technology possibilities, other manufacturers would have [built their] systems in a similar way. But then they had to make compromises in [their] architecture, which made their systems more complex. …. HANA is perfect.” – Link – https://www.gartner.com/reviews/review/view/477056
- “The development process is quite simple, the speed is fantastic. I’ve never seen before such transportation capability from one instance to another. The platform approach as single source of data truth and the Smart Data access to other databases is a perfect approach.” Link – https://www.gartner.com/reviews/review/view/477056
These are a few examples of quotes that we believe affirm what we already know and what I hear repeatedly when I talk with our customers – that SAP HANA, now more than ever, is THE next-generation platform for the Intelligent Enterprise
What is the SAP HANA difference? Its evolution has been driven by customer feedback.
What makes SAP HANA so unique? SAP HANA has evolved as our customers’ needs have, and that evolution is continuing. When SAP HANA was first introduced in 2010, it was an on premise, in-memory product that enabled customers to analyze data in seconds rather than days or even weeks. As new technologies evolved, our customers’ needs did, as well. We used customer feedback to help drive the innovation of SAP HANA – to push its capabilities further and help them rethink the possible. Thanks to the introduction of SAP solutions such as SAP C/4HANA, S/4HANA and SAP Cloud Platform and SAP Leonardo, customers have been able to run systems simply, more effectively and more agile than ever before.
Need more information about SAP HANA?
I could go on about the power of SAP HANA, but don’t just take my word for it. Click here to listen to my colleague, Chris Hallenbeck, talk about the SAP HANA difference, and what it means for our customers.
If you would like to learn more about SAP HANA, visit www.sap.com/hana.
To our customers who submitted reviews, thank you! This important feedback molds our solutions and shapes our customer journey, and we look forward to building on the experience that earned us this distinction!
To learn more about this recognition from customers on Gartner Peer Insights, read their announcement on their website here.
Reviews have been edited to account for errors and readability.
The GARTNER PEER INSIGHTS CUSTOMERS’ CHOICE badge is a trademark and service mark of Gartner, Inc., and/or its affiliates, and is used herein with permission. All rights reserved. Gartner Peer Insights Customers’ Choice constitute the subjective opinions of individual end-user reviews, ratings, and data applied against a documented methodology; they neither represent the views of, nor constitute an endorsement by, Gartner or its affiliates.