Operations Control Center Alert Reporting in Solution Manager 7.2 as of SP05
Business Context and Data Basis
The Business Process Operations (BPO) functionality within SAP Solution Manager offers the possibility to monitor the availability and reliability of business processes that have been maintained in the solution documentation context. BPO offers a wide range of different monitors for different business areas as well as cross application monitors, e.g. IDoc monitoring.
The Application Operations (AO) functionality within SAP Solution Manager offers the possibility to monitor technical aspects of systems, databases, interfaces, jobs etc.
The Operations Control Center (OCC) Alert Reporting Analysis is an additional feature which can be used within BPO and AO. It is intended as a kind of health check for the OCC. It provides various out-of-the-box key figures that help you to determine the workload for the OCC during a certain time span and whether or not the OCC was able to handle the workload.
You can choose which data you want to base the analysis on
- Alert data that have been saved to Business Warehouse (BW) via the Monitoring Application Infrastructure (MAI) or
- Real-time alerting and log data from the Alert Store.
Availability of New Functional Scope
The analysis scope of the OCC Alert Reporting delivered with Solution Manager 7.1 has been enhanced. As of Solution Manager 7.2 the analysis can be done also based on real-time data of the alert store and its log. In doing so the content scope of the data that are available for analysis enable to offer more standard key figures.
Of cause all the key figures feed by both data sources BW and Alert Store are fully integrated in the filtering by solution documentation context.
The OCC Alert Reporting screenshots in this blog are taken from the SP05. Please consider that the screen elements in earlier support packages had been arranged differently. This enables the application now to provide standardized personalization features.
The usage of the OCC Alert Reporting in earlier support packages is described here.
Analysis DetailsThe OCC Alert Reporting enables you to:
- Visualize the number of alerts per alert status for a specific solution (BPO) or technical (AO) context in graphical charts for a period of time
- Display the number of red and yellow alerts, alert instances and alerts with incidents for a specific BPO or AO context split up by rating in graphical charts for a period of time
- Display the number of confirmed alerts for a specific BPO or AO context split up by incident creation in graphical charts for a period of time
- Display the maximum and average duration until alert confirmation for a specific BPO or AO context split up by rating in graphical charts for a period of time
- Visualize daily and monthly trends in numbers of alert groups, alert instances, incidents, confirmed alerts with and without incidents and maximum duration until alert group confirmation
- Identify how many alerts are processed and confirmed by your users individually in consideration of your companies and countries data protection rules
With the data from Alert Store additionally you can analyze:
- Number of Alerts per Confirmation Classification and Confirmation Category
- Alert Response Times, including the maximum initial response time, the maximum total processing time and the maximum external (incident) processing time of grouped alerts
- Distinguish between alerts with manually or automatically created incidents
As of SP05 you can directly jump to the Alert Inbox to stick into more detail.
Additionally you may arrange and save a subset of those Key Figures for personal use on individually created pages.
A detailed description of the available key figures can be found here.
Summary of Advantages
The OCC Alert Reporting for BW covers the following functionality
- Accesses the unified MAI storage locations
- Relies on the unified MAI data transfer
- Uses the twincube concept inkl. automated housekeeping
Additionally the OCC Alert Reporting
- Is integrated in the new Solution Dokumentation Concept
- Uses the UI5 user interface, enabling mobile access
- Combines the display of BPO and AO Alerts in one application
- Has an enhanced default analysis scope for Alert Store
- Enables drill up and down to Alert Name, System, Alert Status and Date
- Enables optional data enrichment and filtering (for the table charts)
- Starts the application with the user’s recently selected solution or technical context
- Enables the creation of custom pages to reuse personalized key figure sets
- Enables printing and download of the pie and line charts
- Offers reduced scope for long-term analysis for BW data and detailed analysis on real-time data according to the customized alert storage horizon for the alert store data
 Same as in former releases and support packages the current alert status is not loaded to the BW InfoCube. Consequently in the analysis with BW the alert status is derived from the availability of a processing and confirmation user.