I the Unable to load data error in FIORI app F2499 in S4CORE 102 (1709) and UI UIS4HOP1 300 (S/4 HANA Premise). The fix actually took longer than expected and hence I am writing this blog for others who will bump into similar issues.
I checked Fiori apps library and made entries in SICF for the UI APP (Front End or FE) and Odata service in /IWFND/MAINT_SERVICE (Back End or BE). They were all there.
Checked F12 and saw the following message
caught (in promise) Error: Could not load annotation URL: “/sap/opu/odata/IWFND/CATALOGSERVICE;v=2/Annotations(TechnicalName=’SD_F2499_CUSTOMER_MATER_ANNO_MDL’,Version=’0001′)/$value/?sap-language=EN&sap-client=800”
Search in OSS with annonation or F2499 did not yield good results.
2558344 – Fiori tile, “Unable to load the data”
Checked /UI2/FLIA with indent CustomerMaterialInformation-manage.
Indent (Semantic Object-Semantic Action) can be found in the Target Mappings in the Fiori Apps Library or in the URL.
URL – https://s4hana:8001/sap/bc/ui5_ui5/ui2/ushell/shells/abap/FioriLaunchpad.html?sap-client=800&sap-language=EN#CustomerMaterialInformation-manage
Nothing unusual here.
I imported catalog SAP_TC_CEC_SD_COMMON using
SE38 /UI2/GET_APP_DESCR_REMOTE_DEV. Still got the same error.
I got a break with gateway error log /IWFND/ERROR_LOG. There were 2 messages
Vocabulary Annotation File ‘SD_F2499_CUSTOMER_MATER_ANNO_MDL’ version ‘0001’ not found on SAP GW Server
2525434 – Vocabulary Annotation File not found on SAP GW Server
No existing service group found for service group identifier ”
Based on Ist message, I did all the steps in 2525434 including regen of project SEGW (BE). However it did not solve the issue.
I cleared caches
- /IWFND/CACHE_CLEANUP in gateway system
- /IWBEP/CACHE_CLEANUP in backend system
Re-index with /UI5/APP_INDEX_CALCULATE for one app did not solve the problem either.
The second error pointed to an unusual setting.
2739082 – S4HANA 1809OP : the service SD_CUSTOMER_INVOICES_MANAGE metadata cannot be loaded
This called for SICFing LO_VCHCLF which is for Variant Config service. Do not know what the relationship between VC and CMIR is. However adding service fixed the issue.
App started working and I am able to see CMIRs.
The steps outlined are for fixing F2499. However. the approach can used in solving other FIORI apps as well.