DCS GST Compliance, standard content in SAC
Recently, a SAP Analytics Cloud standard content for SAP Digital Compliance Service (DCS) has been published.
This content provides an out of the box analysis on top of data that is already available in DCS tenant of the customer. It provides you
- Overall tax payable
- Dues per GST component
- Status wise inward credit and outward liability for each GST component
- Capability to analyze all measures by Vendor/Customer/HSN Code and to drill down up-to invoice level information.
- End users can monitor the overall GST compliance on monthly/Quarterly basis for one or more GSTINs.
The customer must have SAP Digital Compliance Service solution. And must be at 1.2.18 level of the software.
The user that you intend to use while updating the connection to your DCS tenant need to have relevant permissions. Hence, you need to assign following permission in DCS HANA DBsap.bc.ina.service.v2.userRole::INA_USER
How to download
You need to have at-least BI license for SAP Analytics Cloud. If you do not have one, then contact your Account executive and they can get you an SAP Analytics Cloud tenant.
Once you have access to SAC. Launch your SAC tenant in browser. Click on home > Browse > Files .. and navigate to business content.
Search for “GST” and click on the listing
On the subsequent pop-up, click import.
And you have the content now located in your public folder. Navigate to following location to see the objects.
If you need more details, refer Getting Sample Content and Business Content
How to configure
Not much configuration is required. Just that you need to create a connection between your SAC content and your DCS system
- Login to SAP Analytics Cloud
- Select Connection from the Main Menu
- Click + (Add Connection) > Live Data Connection > SAP HANA
- In the dialog, Create a “SAP Cloud Platform” type HANA live connection with following parameters.
|Connection Type||SAP Cloud Platform|
|SAP Cloud Platform Account||<to their account>|
|Database Name||<to their SCP database>|
|Landscape Host||<to their data-center>|
|Authentication Method||Username and Password|
|Username||<to their SCP DB user>|
|Password||<to their SCP DB Password>|
Once you successfully save the connection.
You can navigate to your GST content and click on it to open. When user launches the story, a start period and end period has to be entered in the prompt. The values need to be entered in format “MMYYYY” ex. 092017.
Detailed documentation of this standard content is available in SAP Analytics Cloud Content Documentation.