Certificate Management for the SAP HANA Service – by the SAP HANA Academy
LATEST UPDATE: September 1, 2020 =========================================
The SAP Cloud Platform, SAP HANA Service will be retired in 2021. For more information, see
For the latest information about SAP HANA database-as-a-service, visit our blog post series about SAP HANA Cloud:
SAP HANA uses client certificates to secure both network communication channels and the user authentication mechanisms SAML and JWT.
On-premise, they can be stored in the file system and database. For the SAP HANA service, file-based certificates are managed by SAP so for certificate management, we are only concerned with database-based certificate management.
In the video tutorial below, we show you how to configure certificates and certificate collections for the Cloud Foundry environment.
Certificate management for the SAP Cloud Platform, SAP HANA Service works the same as for a regular on-premise SAP HANA with certificates and certificates collections with some restrictions.
For Neo, currently on SAP HANA 1.0 SPS 12, this works slightly different in the user interface –due mainly to a different SAP HANA cockpit release– but in concept, it is the same idea.
On the topic of design and catalog (runtime) roles as discussed in the video, see
- Data Protection and Privacy – SAP HANA Security Guide for SAP HANA Service
The tutorials has been posted to the following playlists:
For the documentation, see
- Certificate Management in SAP HANA – SAP HANA Security Guide for SAP HANA Service
- SQL Statements and Authorization for In-Database Certificate Management (Reference) – SAP HANA Security Guide for SAP HANA Service
- In-Database Certificate Management Workflow – SAP HANA Security Guide
- 2159014 – FAQ: SAP HANA Security
- SAP HANA Security
- SAP Security Overview
Thank you for watching
The SAP HANA Academy provides free online video tutorials for the developers, consultants, partners and customers of SAP HANA.
Topics range from practical how-to instructions on administration, data loading and modeling, and integration with other SAP solutions, to more conceptual projects to help build out new solutions using mobile applications or predictive analysis.
For the full library, see SAP HANA Academy Library – by the SAP HANA Academy.
For the full list of blogs, see Blog Posts – by the SAP HANA Academy.
- Subscribe to our YouTube channel for updates
- Join us on LinkedIn: linkedin.com/in/saphanaacademy
- Follow us on Twitter: @saphanaacademy
- Facebook: @saphanaacademy