Introduction and Problem:
You are working in a client with a SAP on HANA, either S/4 or any of the new versions of Suite on HANA, and for any given reason you have being doing some work with HANA Views.
All is working fine in DEV, but when it’s time to move it across to QA you are informed that no one is really doing any practical work at the database level, so this client just to import/export via developer mode on a need basis in order to transport the items.
Of course that as this is a very good client and also says that if you have a better way to do it, they will welcome any suggestions.
You then proceed back to your table (or to the closest coffee shop) to process the information and review your options: HALM is always great to when you are dealing with a pure HANA Landscape, but can be difficult to integrate with the NW Stack.. and CTS+ seems a bit of a overkill. You decided to google around for some news from SAP and voila:
HTA – SAP HANA Transport for ABAP:
“SAP HANA Transport for ABAP makes it possible to synchronise objects and packages from the SAP HANA repository to the SAP HANA Transport for ABAP repository (HTA repository) in the ABAP system and add them to a transport request.”
Once this is installed and configured, this is what you need to do:
- Go to Transaction SCT_CTA and type the package where your objects are;
- Let the transaction find which one of the objects are in a different version between Database and ABAP Stack;
- Select the ones you want to synchronise and click on the transport icon to select a Change Request.
After this is done, the transport and activation process of your objects should be handle by whatever toolset you use to move the CR’s across the tiers.
Questions I have, and up to further investigation:
- Could we link XSA Modelling objects to CR’s using this tool?
- Could we use this to simplify the deployment of XSA Apps?