Authorization for the SAP HANA Service – by the SAP HANA Academy
LATEST UPDATE: September 1, 2020 =========================================
The SAP Cloud Platform, SAP HANA Service will be retired in 2021. For more information, see
For the latest information about SAP HANA database-as-a-service, visit our blog post series about SAP HANA Cloud:
Authorization for the SAP Cloud Platform, SAP HANA Service works the same as for a regular on-premise SAP HANA: with roles and privileges.
In the video tutorial below, we show you how to configure roles and privileges for the Cloud Foundry environment. For Neo, currently on SAP HANA 1.0 SPS 12, this works slightly different in the user interface –due mainly to a different SAP HANA cockpit release– but in concept, it is the same idea.
On the topic of design and catalog (runtime) roles as discussed in the video, see
- Catalog Roles and Design-Time Roles Compared – SAP HANA Security Guide for SAP HANA Service
The tutorials has been posted to the following playlists:
For information about Data Masking, see
- Extended dynamic data masking in SAP HANA: Mask data at the table level – by Aleks Aleksic
- Protect your sensitive data using SAP HANA’s new dynamic data masking – by Aleks Aleksic
For the documentation, see
- SAP HANA Authorization – SAP HANA Security Guide for SAP HANA Service
- SAP HANA DI Roles – SAP HANA Security Guide for SAP HANA Service
- Shared Business Authorizations in SAP HANA – SAP HANA Security Guide for SAP HANA Service
- 2159014 – FAQ: SAP HANA Security
- SAP HANA Security
Thank you for watching
The SAP HANA Academy provides free online video tutorials for the developers, consultants, partners and customers of SAP HANA.
Topics range from practical how-to instructions on administration, data loading and modeling, and integration with other SAP solutions, to more conceptual projects to help build out new solutions using mobile applications or predictive analysis.
For the full library, see SAP HANA Academy Library – by the SAP HANA Academy.
For the full list of blogs, see Blog Posts – by the SAP HANA Academy.