HANA Solution approach to implement different Business Use Case Part 1
In this blog I am going to discuss about the HANA Solution approach to implement different Scenario i.e which basis we will choose Native HANA or BWonHANA or SAP business suite etc to implement a client use case.
In different project implementation you will face different scenarios that need to implement in HANA platform. But to implement it, you have to know about the Implementation approach of in HANA and the how we will determine which Implementation approach will be applicable for which real time project scenario.Also which basis we will choose Native HANA or BWonHANA or SAP business suite etc to implement a client use case.
In this blog we will discuss about the different HANA implementation approaches the techniques to determine the approach.
Different HANA implementation scenarios:
There are mainly three types of implementation scenario –
- Replication scenario: This type of scenario mainly known as “Side by Side” or “Side car” Scenario where HANA act as a secondary DB and replication of data is needed from the primary database (may be SAP ECC or other non SAP system). Data replication is done by ETL process like SLT or BODS or DXC.
(For example : Native HANA implementation is a example of replication scenario)
- Integration Scenario : In integration scenario SAP HANA act as a primary database for an ECC system.Replication to the secondary database is not required. We can perform both read and write operation to the database.
(For example : BW on HANA is a example of replication scenario)
- Transformation scenario: Similar to Integration scenario in transformation scenario SAP HANA act as a primary DB but ii is not intended to provide a base for SAP BW or other related app. Here it is become a foundation for disruptive application.Disruptive application are applications that changes the rule of a game.
#Replication Scenario: can be further divided into 7 sub categories.For first time if we decided that for a particular client use case replication scenario is the best to implement then after that we have to choose one particular replication sub scenario among the 7. I am describing each one below:
- Data Mart Scenario :
In this scenario SAP HANA act as a data mart or subset of data warehouse.The data is feed via batch flow. The data flow from other database to SAP HANA is one way data flow.The data mart can hold redundant data.
- App scenario : We can define this scenario as data mart scenario plus real time. When data up to date is important we will use this scenario. In this scenario reaction time is the key.Data is being feed from directly application to HANA DB and not necessary data need to be written into the database.
- Content Scenario: If we thing about architectural perspective content scenario is the combination of app and the data mart scenario. the difference is that in content scenario required data flow and reports are provided by SAP in a ready to use format. So it can limitation to get data from SAP applications mainly SAP business suite only. this is the limitation of this scenario.
- Accelerator Scenario: In this scenario HANA system sends data or message to application rather than the user.The target can be source system HANA itself.For example,any SAP application that is called a customer exit.When credit limit exists accelerator called customer exists .
- Cloud on SAP HANA: This implementation scenario is a architectural variance. When the SAP HANA DB is available via Amazon services instead of licence this types of scenario used.for example : Recall Plus.
- SAP Business on Analysis: In this scenario reports on SAP business one solution do not read the data from the application but from the mirror of HANA DB similar to the content scenario.
# Integration Scenario: In this scenario SAP HANA becomes the primary database and not only read operation but write operation also performed to the database,SAP HANA does not contain the relevant copy. After deciding that the use case need to be implemented in integration scenario we need to further choose one sub type among the below three integration scenario.
- SAP Business Suite on SAP HANA : Sap business suite and its core component like CRM has been implemented on top of SAP HANA. Here SAP HANA becomes the primary database.
- SAP Business One on SAP HANA: It is embedded with SAP HANA database and statistical tools to analyze small and medium seized industry.Here SAP HANA replaces r the ever used Microsoft database.
- SAP BW on HANA : SAP BW is implemented on the top of SAP HANA and HANA act as an primary database. This type of scenario is needed when write operation needed along with read operation.
# Transformation Scenario:
With transformation Scenario SAP HANA becomes the foundation for what we call the disruptive applications. Disruptive applications are the applications which are creating New Market,Change the rules and change the game. As of now there is only one transformation scenario called SAP HANA apps.
This blog I have describe the different implementation scenario. On the next blog I will discuss how to identify the proper implementation scenario based on a use case example.