In this blog I am going to discuss about the data transformation capability inside SLT.
Some time it is required to transform data itself inside SLT before replicating to SAP HANA as per the scenario.This types of conversion is very useful when transformation is not possible in HANA or need to transform data before replication.
Below are the example how to transform the data with steps :
- Click on start ->click on sap front end ->click on sap logon:
- Log into the ECC :
- Enter user name and password and press enter:
- First we will first create a RFC connection.Here I am using already created configuration. This is our RFC configuration.
- Click on create session:
- Enter tcode as SE11 and press enter :
- Enter table name. Here I am taking ZCOPATABLE1 in database table.Click on display.
- We see our table with respective columns like ZKUNNR, ZMATNR :
- First, replicate ZCOPATABLE1.Make sure the table has “replicated” status. The status is table is in replicating process.So, go to HANA studio and go to Data Provisioning option –
- Select our source system and then need to select the target schema respectively.But here we do not know the target schema name. So we need to go to the LTRC to know the configuration name. Configuration name should be same as target schema name.
- In HANA studio, select that target schema name same as target schema.Here we select that name.And below we see default tables. Default tables are DD02T, DD02L and DD08L.
- Now we need to go back to the SAP log on (in ECC) and go to the configuration same name as the target schema.Open the configuration. We will see that default tables only present –
- I want to add another table.Click on data provisioning :
- Enter our table. Which table do you want to replicate.Here I take ZCOPATABLE1. Click on execute.
- At top we see refresh button. Click on refresh.
- Here we see our replicated table.Double click on our table.
- Double click on the table:
- Go to display page. Click on display change icon.
- In the above screenshot we can see all the fields of the table .Now we will add a field. First enter the field name and then click on predefined type.
- Like below, we will add field.
- This is activating symbol. Click on activate.
- Click on execute and Click on continue.This will activate the table as local object.
- Again go back and click on content:
- Click on execute:
- The added column also we can see from the HANA end from HANA studio :
- Let’s go back to the data browse table in ECC. Click on change. Change is used for inserting values.
- Enter value.
- Click on save.Here we see our inserting value.
- We can change, insert, delete, add columns, change data types, length of a column, change descriptions inside the SLT.
#Whatever you do except a limitation when we change the key of the table#
In the next blog I will discuss how we can overcome this limitation using SLT.