Extractors – Target-Based CDC in SAP Data Services
In this blog In am going to discuss about the Target-Based CDC extractors in SAP Data Services.
This method extracts all of the data from the source system and compares it against the target system. The result of the comparison is a set of rows flagged as Insert, Update or Delete. It is implemented in Data Services using the Table_Comparison transform.
##Steps to perform a Target-Based CDC extraction –
- Create an SAP Application Datastore for your source system.
- Import the Extractor.
- Create/import metadata in HANA.
- Create a Datastore for HANA.
- Import the target table.
- Create a Batch Job.
- Create a Dataflow and add it to the Batch Job.
- Add the Extractor to the Dataflow.
- Open the extractor
- Make sure the Initial load drop down list box has the value Yes
- Add a Query to the Dataflow and connect it to the extractor.
- Add a Table_Compare and connect it to the Query.
- Open the Query and map all columns to be extracted.
- Add the primary key column(s) to the Order By tab.
- Open the Table_Comparison and configure as follows…
Add the target table to the Dataflow.
- Connect the target table to the Table_Comparison.
The resulting Data flow should look something like this…
In different project implantation of Target based CDC extractor is very useful to achieve the requirement.