With SAP Business One powered by SAP HANA (B1H) release 9.3 Patch Level 4 , SAP introduced the new Mobile Service App for SAP Business One. This free iPhone and now Android App is meant for SAP Business One clients that have remote field technicians that need mobile access to the Business One Service Calls records that they have been assigned to. The App can be used with their existing Business One license or with the new SAP Business One Mobile User license if the mobile apps are the only access to SAP Business One they require. The goal of the App is to give these remote user a simple and complete access to view and update all their Service Calls.
As a SAP Business One Solution Advisor in North America I have received many emails from Channel Partners and customers about how to configure and use this new mobile Service App. The Partner Edge (PE) and Customer Portals contains several overview presentations on the App but no recorded videos on functionality and more importantly how to setup/configure the application for use with SAP Business One powered by SAP HANA. To fill that gap I have recorded a series of short videos that cover this new mobile Service App.
- Mobile Service App integration with iPhone Features 8:45 mins This video is meant to give Partners and Customers a video review of how the mobile Service App is tightly integrated to the native capabilities of the iPhone platform. This video highlights how we have incorporated the iPhone’s camera (capture images, scanner), phone, email, messaging and geo-location (mapping) capabilities to improve and simplify the Service Call experience for the technician and their customers. Starting in Q4 the App will also be available on the Android mobile platform with these same mobile features.
- Mobile Service App from the Perspective of the Field Technician 10:39 mins. This video showcases how a field technician interacts with the App on a service call. The video gives a thorough demonstration from the time they are assigned a Service Call, check-in, review any pertinent documentation, document issues and resolutions, check-out as well as complete sales orders that result from their use of parts and labor on the call. Then to complete the call capture the customer signature and then mail/message them the Service Report. Great video for Partners to highlight the App for their customers and prospects.
- Mobile Service App integration with SAP Business One Client 10:54 mins This video ties the new Service App back to the Service module and Service Call record in SAP Business One. Up until this video the focus of our documentation and enablement was on using the App. This video shows customers and partners what must be completed in the SAP Business One Service Call record to assign the Service Call to a remote technician as well as how the Technician in the field uses the App to update and close the Service Call document in SAP Business One.
- Configuring SAP Business One to Work with the Mobile Service App 7:48 mins. This video shows the simple configuration and setup required to make this new App work with SAP Business powered by SAP HANA. The video is meant for the Business One Partner or Client IT staff to document the configuration that is required in: 1. SAP Business One, 2. SAP Business One System LifeCycle Directory (SLD) to make sure the right Services and URLs are exposed and 3. in the image and attachment folders and authorizations of the Windows and SAP HANA Linux server.
- Connecting the Mobile Service App to the SAP Business One Server 4:38 mins. The final video in the series shows the Partner or customer how the simplistic Settings options of the mobile Service App. Here we show how to set the App up for Demo or live SAP Business One server connection.
Hopefully with these five videos we have addressed all your questions about features and more importantly how to setup and configure the new mobile Service App to work with SAP Business One powered by SAP HANA 9.3.
Partners if you have any questions please send me or your local Solution Advisor your questions.
North American Solution Expert