In this blog, I am going to discuss about the mixed modelling feature in BW4HANA.
Back Ground :
A Composite Provider is an Info Provider, which combines data from several analytic indexes or from other Info Providers (by Join or Union), and makes this data available for reporting and analysis. UNION and JOIN operations are executed in HANA and not the application server.
The main advantage of Composite providers is that: BW Info Providers can be combined using the JOIN operation allowing us to create new scenarios not possible or very expensive with standard techniques. When we hear the word Union, what strikes our mind immediately is a Multi provider. SAP still suggests the usage of Multi provider in case your requirement is just to use Unions. This is because the OLAP engine is well suited for this operation.
Composite providers however can be used on top of Multi providers to execute Join operations with Multi provider as one of the data providers. This gives us additional flexibility and even one additional level of modeling thus allowing us to create new scenarios that were not possible before.
Implementation Scenario :
While implementing the below steps I have follow the below steps –
- Login to SAP HANA studio on main car.
2. Click on window->perspective->reset perspective – and then click on “Yes”
3. Click on open perspective icon –
4. Click on BW Modeling and click on ok.
5.Right click on the free space ->new ->project –
6. Select BW Project and click next –
7. The Double click on “BW4HANA” and then click on next the login credential will be appeared .Provide username and password.-
8. We can see that the project has been created . Then will will add attach HANA System by right click on “Attach HANA Systems ” –
9. Right click on repository ->new ->infoarea ->
10. Provide name and description and click on finish to create an infoarea –
11. Go to Data sources -> ODP-SAP -> EHP7 -> SAP -> SAP application components<-sales and distibution ->sales master data ->double click on sales organisation (0SALESORG_ATTR (EHP7)
12. Right click on sales organisation data source –
13. Click on explore data flow –
14. Drag and drop open ODS view onto workspace –
15. Join a link between sales organisation and newnode1 –
16. Rearrange the flow and rename the node noewnode1. After Giving the name, select master data at semantics, select data source (BW) as source type and click on next –
17. Select the object shown and click on finish.Then click on master data.Then we can view the source fields and characteristics and key figures –
18. After clicking on the activate BW objects we can see that we can see that the object has been created –
19. Right click on SALESPERSON and click on explore data flow . The design pane will be open . Then right click on SALESORG1 and click open –
20. Click on data preview<-analytics list UIBB and query panel opens up.Now, we can view the output data using query panel.
21. Right click on the same infoarea (IA_MAY5) -> select composite provider.Provide the name and description for composite provider and click on finish.
22. Click on checkbox of External SAP HANA View<-click on scenario.Then Right click on table ->select join with –
23. Search for SALESORG1 object and Drag and drop the object at the union . Then we can see the source table –
24. Now go to Data sources ->ODP-SAP -> EHP7 – >SAP ->SAP Application components -> sales and distribution ->sales master data ->sales document header data.
Then Right click on sales document header ->click on “Explore data flow” and Drag and drop open ODS View onto the workspace.
25. Link join between sales documentation and new node and arrange the nodes in a proper manner –
26. Provide details and click on next –
27.Select the object that is shown below and click on finish.
28. Go back to the composite provider and drag and drop salesheader1 onto the union –
29. On drag and drop of salesheader1 onto union, we see that it adds to the source –
30. Right click on salesorg1 and click on create assignments for individual attributes one by one –
31. Click on check for BW Objects and then click on activate BW Object –
32. Do the data preview: click on Analytics List SQUIBB to check the data.
Now the implementation is complete.
next Blog I will discuss about the ODP extractor implementation in a smarted way….