- Enables S/4 Hana Cloud Apps to push Business Events asynchronously to SAP Cloud Platform.
- Event Catalog available for customers to consume different business Events
- Subscribe events
- De-coupled extension applications running side by side with S/4 HANA Cloud
- SAP Object Type (SOT) is a generalization of business object types
- SOT available at design time in Global Technical Name Catalog(GTNC)
- Available at run time in S/4 HANA
Considered as Corner Stone of Extensibility Story and are therefore, driven from the Integration Quality Extensibility.
Business Events are based on SOT (SAP Object Type Repository) which means that prerequisite for business events is that BOs are defined in SOT. They can be based on BOR object types or an ABAP class.
For material and article there are BOR objects but they should rather be harmonized into a product BOR object (material could be extended).
For BP there exists BOR type BUS1006. Only remaining tasks after this are to assign BOR Objects to SAP Object Type and to define a mapping between BOR events and task codes.
All of this sufficient to expose BOR events as event messages to the event hub and consume them from there as remaining enabling is provided in a generic way.