Integrated SMS workflows for customer service use cases in SAP CX Service Cloud
Over the last years , Text messaging ( including SMS, Social and other OTT channels) has evolved as critical capability in the customer service experience armory ; delivering value in terms of low-touch customer engagement while lowering channel costs.
Per ICMI research reports; 79 % of enterprises want SMS / text support. Some research indicates that SMS messaging helped improve conversion rates by 40% when used as a follow up after a voice call. Importantly SMS capability significantly reduces support costs enabling self-service.
An SAP Digital Interconnect sponsored research also validated this dataset with similar results. You will find the SMS Advantage report from SAP Digital Interconnect here.
Validating our viewpoint, adoption statistic for SMS/ Text based interface indicated rates similar to other non-voice channels. A graphical view of stats from an American Express Customer Service Barometer Survey is highlighted below
So? what about it?
Recognizing the benefits and seeking an early Go-To-Market advantage, SAP Digital Interconnect team came together with SAP CX Service Cloud teams to establish a seamless 2-way interactive SMS workflow that is now part of the standard solution feature set / capabilities since SAP CX Service Release 1411.
The use- case enabled is as below:
- Create ticket through SMS
- Provide additional info about a ticket through SMS to an agent
- Respond to SMS ticket via SMS or an alternate channel
Contact Center Admins
- Setup SMS channel with short-code / long-code ( SMS channel specific setups)
- Specify ticket type for SMS channel (as part of channel setup)
- Route tickets by SMS channel
A simple view of customer interaction is showcased below:
You will find an official SAP CX Service Cloud release documentation here ->
Customers can benefit from an integrated communication service
CRM, specifically customer service presents a unique opportunity to leverage messaging from SAP Digital Interconnect in enabling multi-channel interactions. Our channel capabilities expand beyond SMS into email, in-app push and social channel interconnect. And we support consumption using easy to use RESTful API’s.
What customers get:
- Pre-validated / Integrated SMS channel with SAP CX Service Cloud with seamless scale-ability to social channel interconnect
- Global delivery reliability with country specific short-code / long-code set-up as per local regulatory best practices
- On Demand Support
Write to us
For feedback and opportunities or If you are an existing SAP CX Service Cloud customer and need information on getting started with text based interactions, reach out to us at SAP Digital Interconnect. We are happy to help.