SAP Business ByDesign CRM: Customer analytics, mobility, pricing and collaboration
With SAP Business ByDesign CRM you get for free a couple of key cross capabilities which are available for all kinds of scenarios irrespective if your are selling materials or services in high-touch or low-touch mode. The links below show you more details:
- Embedded Customer Analytics
- Mobility for smartphones and tablets
- Field Service for smartphones
- Account, Contact and Activity Management (desktop & smartphone)
- Collaboration and groupware
- Price, discount and tax calculation
One of the key assets of SAP Business ByDesgin is its built-in in-memory analytics. By using embedded analytics, planning and simulation you get perfect transparency on all your customer engagement activities (aka analytical CRM, customer analytics). See the video below to get a first impression:
- Embedded customer analytics based on SAP HANA is one of the key strength of ByDesign.
- Monitor lead quantity and quality in marketing
- Monitor projected sales volume with targets, opportunities and actual sales
- Monitor critical customer payment activities
- Track campaign success by generated revenue
- Monitor customer discounts by team, product or customer
- Sales target planning and tracking incl. pipeline simulation
The new ByDesign 1811 smartphone app (on iOS and Android) provides a powerful mobile customer 360 view and activity management together with embedded analytics and a couple of self-services for employees (e.g. expense reports). With this you can:
- See most important address information and trigger actions like calls and mails
- Get an overview on open business documents like opportunities, quotes and also the volume of sales orders
- See and interact with all contacts
- Create and receive Leads for follow-up
Additionally you can enable service engineers to receive and confirm on service orders on the mobile device including route planning.
Account, contact and activity management are core capabilities for all marketing, sales and service employee as it enables them to manage customer and contact data and to track all kinds of interactions and tasks.
Here you get an idea how activity management can be used and tracked:
It allows to launch collaboration tools such as telephony, instant message, SMS and to directly create business activities in ByDesign like Leads, Opportunities and more.
Groupware integration allows to synchronize appointments, mails and contacts to MS Outlook with a special Outlook plug-in.
One of the most important cross components for driving profitability and customer engagement at the same time with SAP Business ByDesign is the built-in price and tax calculation engine. It allows to:
- drive profitability with smart & efficient pricing strategies by providing cascading price lists which calculate channel, customer or even campaign specific prices in real-time
- automatically get the right price by calculating price, discount, freight and tax for each customer individually
- display not only price but also cost and margin
- to use and see the result e.g. in the sales order user interface or the sales order and price list webservices which can be consumed in an 3rd party solution.
The integrated managerial approval process for quote/order processing and price lists allow also to give discounts which go beyond the standard strategies but to still be in control.
Here is a demo on how to monitor customer discounts using KPIs:
More blogs on how to use and extend price, discount and tax calculation:
- How to configure price strategy with exclusion rules?
- How to maintain pricelists in the user interfaces, with excel or webservice?
- Configure and use discount management
- Read more and learn how the standard pricing engine can be extended by using extension fields for price determination
- See how to give campaign specific prices with a direct mail campaign
- Built-in tax calculation (incl. 3rd party provider integration e.g. for US)