Step by step to create web service in Cloud Application studio and bind it to a custom action in standard BO
My series of Cloud Application Studio Blogs
- How to detect EditMode in an Embedded Component
- Step by step to enable your custom BO with attachment upload functionality
- Step by step to create an Adobe Print form in Cloud application Studio
- How to render PDF which displays picture from the image attachment of your custom BO
- How to get current logged on business user’s employee information and assigned organization unit via ABSL
- How to implement dynamic access control based on custom BO using OWL
- How to make Code List Restriction work when control field and restricted field are not on the same BO
- How to implement custom number range using custom business object
- Two approaches to create Code List in Cloud Studio
- Create Dynamic Code List via Custom Business Object Association
- Step by step to develop Thing Type based navigation and BO Object based navigation
- Put Extension field into embedded component and make it visible in Standard UI
- One possible cause that embedded component fails to display in UI
- Step by step to create HTML Mashup and make it visible in UI
- Step by step to enable Text Collection for your custom BO
- Automatically send an Email notification to line manager via Workflow in Account application
- Step by step to create Object Value Selector in Cloud Application Studio
- Two approaches to fill an UI field with dedicated logic implemented in Cloud Application Studio
- How to execute BO action on multiple selected BO instances in AdvancedListPane
- How to add custom validation logic on mobile phone field in Contact TI
- An example about how I analyze why some OBN button does not work
- Step by step to create OBN button which navigates from standard UI to custom UI
- Service Request ticket split – how to bring the selected service request item to new custom UI
- Step by step to create two drop down list with dependency
- Expose Custom BO logic implemented by ABSL via Custom OData service
- Step by step to create web service in Cloud Application studio and bind it to a custom action in standard BO
- Use Restful Service to consume S4 functionality in SAP Cloud for Customer
I have a requirement to execute some custom action modeled in standard BO, CustomerQuote.
The background is, I have created a new extension field with the following possible entries:
I would like to change this extension field in third party system outside C4C, using web service or OData service.
I have created a new action in BO CustomerQuote:
And implement this custom action, simply setting extension field to a constant value ( for example 4 represents “Production in process” ).
First I try to create a new Custom OData service, and would like to bind my custom action setProductionInProcess to a OData function import:
Soon I realized it’s not feasible since I found that only standard actions of BO Customer Quote are supported.
Then I try web service. Create a new Web service via wizard:
Choose my custom action setProductionInProcess from drop down list:
Create a new UI view for web service Authorization control. Only those user who are assigned with this view could have access to this web service.
Activate the web service and download the WSDL file for later usage.
Now create a new work center and put the web service just created to this work center.
Assign this new work center to the business user who will consume the web service.
As the last step, import the WSDL file in SoapUI application and fire the web service. In the screenshot below, my aim is to execute the custom action on Sales Order 9000000318 via web service execution.
The web service execution result shows message “Action YS5XJ942Y_S9B018D81BFD966DC executed executed”, indicating that the web service is executed successfully.
Now go back to Sales Order TI page, the extension field is set as 4 – Production in Process as expected.