SAP Business ByDesign Order-to-Cash: Selling and delivering materials and services
SAP Business ByDesign CRMs core is the selling and delivering of materials and services which is also known as Order-to-Cash scenario either for a high-touch or a low-touch sales approach. The following scenario variants are supported out-of-the-box:
- Sell from stock i.e. selling and delivery of materials
- Standardized services i.e.selling and execution of standard services (e.g. training)
- Project-based services incl. time and expense recording, procure to pay for services and non-stock materials
- Make to order for specified products i.e. deliver based on customer specific product specification
- Third-party order processing i.e. direct creation of purchase orders
All above Order-to-Cash scenarios offer the following benefits:
- Full fledged high-touch sales support with leads, activities, opportunities and quotes
- Standardized price, discount, freight and tax calculation
- Credit limit check for customers
- Available-to-promise (ATP) for real-time check of product availability
- Credit card payment
- Integration into selling and execution of standardized and project-based services
- Integrated warranty management and field services and repair scenario
Whereas many ERP or stand-alone CRM solutions only offer either the left (e.g. lead, opportunity, quote, order) or the right part (e.g. order, outbound delivery, invoice, payment) of order-to-cash scenario SAP Business ByDesign offers everything from the initial opportunity, quote, contract, or order until it’s delivery, execution and invoicing.
One of the main benefits of this is the central master data, prices, organizational model and an embedded and end-to-end analytics.
Marketing to Opportunity: High-touch sales model
High touch sales was that starting point and still is the core of many stand-alone CRM solutions. It is intended to support the presales and sales activities for selling expensive and rather complex products and services by a well trained sales-force which spends significant time with a limited number of high value customers.
In ByDesign this means not only a powerful Lead, Activity (phone calls, appointments, mails, tasks etc.) and Opportunity Management but also the resulting sales quotes, orders and contracts.
Sell from stock
Sell from stock is for companies which sell materials they produce or purchase to have them quickly on stock.
This scenario is for companies selling an executing standard services like training, facility management etc. which are executed usually with their own staff and which do not require a complex project for its execution.
This is for companies doing consulting business and usually execute longer running projects which automatically schedule invoicing based on the project execution steps and its expenses (e.g. time, material).
Make to Order for specified products
This scenario supports the creation of quotes and orders using the so-called product requirement specifications (PRS). Those include customer specific requirements like color or size.
- Sales documents enable customer-specific requirements (aka PRS)
- Ability to plan multilevel demand for the sales orders
- Create production orders
- Update production plans and create production tasks
- Inspect and deliver these products to customer
Third-party Order Processing
Third party order processing allows direct shipment of orders directly from a supplier to the customer. This includes automatic creation of purchase request when sales order is released and that supplier and customer invoices are created automatically after the third-party deliver.
Here is the list of the most important sales related scenarios:
- Marketing to Opportunity
- Customer Contract Management
- Order-to-Cash (Project-Based Services)
- Order-to-Cash (Standardized Services)
- Order-to-Cash (Sell-from-Stock)
- Order-to-Cash (Third-Party Order Process)
- Order-to-Cash (Specified Products)
- Over-the-Counter Sales
- Customer Return Management
- Product Catalog Management