SAP Transportation Management 1809 – What’s New?
The new release of SAP Transportation Management (SAP TM) 1809 is now available on the market. It’s a compelling full-blown offering for different market segments. It includes best-in-class, proven transportation management capabilities with the complete, end-to-end transportation process support.
The highlights of the release are summarized in this short video interview with the Chief Product Owner for SAP Transportation Management, Peter Flensberg:
- SAP TM 1809 offers a simplified integration into other S/4HANA processes based on harmonized master data and customizing (“single-system integration qualities”):
- No Core Interface (CIF) to transfer and convert master data is needed. The TM system uses business partner and product master data created in S/4HANA directly.
- No replication of dangerous goods, hazardous substances and phrases. SAP TM 1809 accesses Product Safety & Stewardship (PS&S) master data in S/4HANA directly.
- SAP TM 1809 customizing is harmonized with S/4HANA customizing.
- No replication of logistics business documents in inbound and outbound processes. Transportation demands (Freight Units) are created directly from S/4HANA sales, purchase and stock transfer documents.
- Embedded analytics functionality (technically based on Core Data Services which is a fundamental element in the S/4HANA architecture) is available SAP TM 1809.
- SAP TM 1809 integrates into the embedded applications in S/4HANA and supports also side-by-side scenarios. This means that it can receive and process transportation requirements from other ERP or S/4HANA instances (in addition to the processing of system internal transportation demand)
The new release has a focus on both quality and continuous innovations.
A lot of enhancements were done in planning, charge management and settlement areas, also focusing on performance and usability improvements.
Below just a short overview of key innovations and enhancements:
The planning process helps to reduce even more transportation costs due to the new mixed package building functionality.
Package building is now offering detailed mixed package building as an optional function, which means that physical positions (on the x/y/z axis) and orientations of cartonized and non-cartonized products in mixed packages are determined by considering various constraints, e.g. stackability, product orientation, or constraints in terms of height, volume, and weight. This new function uses the new package builder optimizer.
Mixed package building helps to minimize number of pallets, to maximize truck utilization, at the same time decreasing the number of trucks used.
Charge Management & Settlement.
We are working on continuous integration into the SAP S/4HANA Enterprise Management. Some simplifications were done in forwarding settlement:
- Direct posting of the SD billing document from forwarding settlement document (FSD)without webservice.
- Online validations and error handling for posting.
- Organization mapping in organization model.
- SAP TM Product Page on sap.com
- What’s New
- User Assistance/Documentation
- SAP Community for Transportation Management
- SAP Transportation Management Group on LinkedIn
Franz Hero on Twitter
If you’d like to follow me on Twitter too, you can find me at: https://twitter.com/HeroFranz
Thanks for sharing. Where can we find more content on SAP TM?
Is sap ever planning to convert TM to Fiori? TM pages are all web Dynpro or sap Gui, even the screenshot in your blog is a web Dynpro, built on obsolete platform.