SAP S/4HANA Single tenant Edition (STE) is one of the cloud offerings from SAP and another flavour of S/4HANA solutions among SAP S/4HANA Cloud, SAP S/4HANA in HANA Enterprise Cloud (HEC) and SAP S/4HANA On-Premise.
This flavour of S/4HANA was being offered as “S/4HANA Cloud, Private Edition” which was recently changed to “SAP S/4HANA Cloud, Single Tenant Edition” (STE). This was in perspective of having customers to discover and consume the solutions that best suited their business needs.
As the name of this offering suggests, the application is provisioned to a single-customer in a dedicated landscape , offering the full scope of S/4HANA. However the total cost of Ownership (TCO), the speed of innovation and time-to-value cannot be achieved as much as in SAP S/4HANA Cloud which is why customers considering Cloud ERP must first discover and verify the capabilities of SAP S/4HANA Cloud. If the standard best practises and functional scope does not meet all of the customers need, S/4HANA Cloud, STE could be an ideal substitute solution in the customer’s journey to move to cloud.
Some unique features of SAP S/4HANA Cloud, Single Tenant Edition :
- Configurable and customisable process upto a certain extent for Finance, HR, Procurement, Sales and many other LoBs.
- S/4HANA STE Supports all the industries, even the ones which are not supported by S/4HANA Cloud.
- 2 upgrades per year, which is completely up to the customer to choose the upgrade window in contrast to the SAP S/4HANA Cloud where upgrades are rolled out every quarter.
- Not only SAP managed SAP HEC, but customers can choose to run their systems on AWS, GCP, Microsoft Azure thus giving them the options to choose from 100+ Data Centers across globe.
- Concept of Flexible License System.
- Dedicated System Landscape on Cloud Infrastructure.
- Integration with Public Cloud Systems and OnPrem System are fully supported.
- Enterprise support included with one license package without having to worry about managed services or landscape definition including the global AMS services being provided proactively.
The implementation of SAP S/4HANA Cloud, STE should follow the Five Golden Rules (cloud standards) in order to make the transition to the public cloud easier.
Details in the link: Five Golden Rules
To aid Five Golden-rules implementation methodology, there is a standardised implementation approach which can be achieved by SAP Activate for SAP S/4HANA Cloud, Single Tenant Edition.
Details in the link : SAP Activate for SAP S/4HANA Cloud, Single Tenant Edition
For customers who adhere to the given guidance SAP offers a smooth transition from SAP S/4HANA Cloud, STE to S/4HANA Cloud as soon as the fully required business and technical scope will be available.
To simplify the move, use available implementation flexibility wisely – only where absolutely required.
The Main Implementation tools to ease the deployment of S/4HANA Single Tenant Edition are :
— Browse implementation guidance for your digital transformation.
The main worry for the customer to move the existing ERP to the cloud is not just about :How do I move and what benefits do I get from Cloud ERP, but its about “How do I unpick the customization mess that has been created over the last decade or so and what value I’am going to get forward”.
To address this challenge, SAP has started the bridge which is SAP S/4HANA STE which enables the customers to feel the cloud and simultaneously get the business value, ultimately preparing the customer to move to S/4HANA public cloud in future.
As the business environment continues to change, holding and managing all IT assets in-house are near to reaching the limit in current era, and the cloud services that fulfills the necessary resources and needs of the business have become the mainstream.