How to setup sales dashboards and KPIs using SAP Business ByDesign CRM on the mobile?
One of the rather complicated challenges for sales managers is to track sales performance by combining the perspectives of
- what should be achieved (i.e. sales target planing),
- what is likely to be achieved (i.e. opportunity pipeline) and
- what has been achieved (i.e. sales orders and invoices).
With the embedded analytics of SAP Business ByDesign this is easily possible. In the demo below you see how you can bring all the perspectives above into a single KPI using your tablet:
If you do not have access to a 1811 SAP Business ByDesign reference system in which you find the “Projected Sales” KPI as sample content you can find below what needs to be done to set this up.
Here you find more if you want to learn detail about other tablet based scenarios and apps like project cockpit or manager approvals.
Setup of the source reports for the “Projected Sales” KPI
The KPI is based on three reports which you can find in the “Managing my area” work center for sales and marketing managers. Of course you can use also any other report as the basis. In order to adapt the report views and selections for your needs and to make your changes available for all users you need to do the changes in the “Business Analytics” work center (and not from the normal user work centers).
- Sales Targets for Incoming Orders (Manager): This is the basis report which has the projected net sales key figure which combines sales orders and weighted opportunities. I have used a drill down by Sales Unit for “My Teams” and “Current Year” for the date. Please be aware that this report will only provide results if you also have setup sales targets using sales planning in the managing my area work center.
2. Opportunity Funnel: The second report which gives details on the opportunities, sales quotes and sales orders by sales unit and account. Drill down is the same as above by Sales Unit for “My Teams” and “Current Year” for the date.
3. Sales Order Volume: The third report which allows to compare the orders with the invoices. Drill down is the same as above by Sales Unit for “My Teams” and “Current Year” for the date.
In the Business Analytics work center you can also create and change KPI’s. In the following can you see the settings for the Leads KPI’s.
1.) General KPI settings: Here you reuse the views and selections (e.g. current year) from the source reports
2.) KPI Values and Thresholds: Again you can reuse the views and selections (e.g. last year) from the reports above
3.) KPI Additional Contexts: These are the additional reports we have setup above. Please ensure that you use the right selections and views.
More details on customer analytics can be found here:
- Embedded customer analytics based on SAP HANA is one of the key strength of ByDesign.
- Monitor lead quantity and quality in marketing
- Monitor projected sales volume with targets, opportunities and actual sales
- Monitor critical customer payment activities
- Track campaign success by generated revenue
- Monitor customer discounts by team, product or customer
- Sales target planning and tracking incl. pipeline simulation
Here you find more for tracking marketing succes: https://blogs.sap.com/2018/11/16/how-to-create-dashboards-and-kpi-variants-to-track-marketing-success-with-sap-business-bydesign-crm/
How about Days Beyond Terms / Overdue Days KPI for Financials? I would like to track how many days on average Customers are taking beyond Agreed Payment Terms. For example, if terms are 30 days and payment is received in 45 days then days beyond terms are 15 days. I can then display this KPI to Sales personnel to monitor and take action with Customers where required.
thanks for the kudos and the inspiration regarding "days beyond terms". Our "aging list for receivables" report (see screenshots below) is probably closest to what you propose though it is not exactly what you have in mind.
Stefan Kraus / Thomas Meder : Could you maybe take this as input for your future blogs?
sure, good idea. Let's see how far we get here or how we can solve it. I will come up with a proposal.
Thanks for the reply, yes we use the Aging List already and have created an Overdue Receivables KPI already. Days Beyond Terms is a little different, as you suggest.
would be good to hear your thoughts on this is due course, i cannot find a Key Figure for Days Beyond Terms / Overdue Days for cleared items so presume it would need to be created. There is a Overdue Days figure in the Dunning – Documents Data Source but as soon as an item is cleared this resets to 0.
I haven't been able to cook the whole recipe (which can be found here), but here are the ByD ingredients:
So, this is how I would proceed here. There might be further obstacles. But key is to add the dates as a key figure to the data source.
Thanks very much for this, working through this as suggested. Getting an error message when i adapt the data source that i am working through with support. Hopefully, once resolved we'll have something that works!
we had a parallel discussion, just for the audience that is following this blog post:
Don't copy the report, build at the existing one and use your own views. There's a bug that will be fixed with 1905.