Intelligent ERP Update: SAP S/4HANA Cloud 1811 Release News from SAP Activate
We are pleased to announce the availability of the updates to SAP Activate for SAP S/4HANA Cloud 1811. The updates are available on SAP Best Practices Explorer (SAP BPX), SAP Roadmap Viewer, and in the SAP S/4HANA Cloud application.
Feature updates for SAP Best Practices Explorer
The following features improvements are now available on SAP Best Practices Explorer:
- Non-standard scope item information and SAP S/4HANA Cloud license-relevance attribute for scope items.
- Two additional tool languages and translated content for SAP Best Practices for SAP S/4HANA Cloud.
Highlights of SAP Activate Methodology Updates in 1811
The SAP Activate content in the Implementation Roadmap for SAP S/4HANA Cloud has been enhanced for 1811 with improvements to help guide the customer through the implementation journey. A few highlights are:
- General reformatting of the tasks to provide better procedural guidance. Each task has a clearly stated purpose along with a step-by-step procedure. In addition, references to prerequisites, apps used, and business roles were also added where relevant.
- The Extensibility, Analytics and Output Management stream has been updated to provide better guidance.
- A new deliverable, Post Upgrade Test, along with related tasks has been created to provide guidance specifically for the automated testing.
- Release Change Project and Move Adaptations is an added task in the Quarterly Release Cycle deliverable in order to instruct the customer to close the Changes Project and migration software queue items (ATO).
A complete list of changes will be available in the S/4HANA Cloud blog with the release of the 1811 SAP Activate Roadmap for SAP S/4HANA Cloud.
For further information, please visit the blog here.
Deployment Experience Updates
Please find below a few highpoints related to the Deployment Experience.
Configure your Solution
Improvements were made to the Configure Your Solution to include the following updates:
- Usability improvements to include two new panel views and improved performance
Now available through Configuration Your Solution are 173 additional Self Service Configuration UIs (SSCUIs).
In 1811, not only was the performance high for the test automation tool for S/4HANA Cloud, but improvements in the following apps were made:
- Manage your test processes
- Test your processes
- Automated test results
The number of pre-delivered test automats for Best Practice processes increased to 201; for post upgrade tests there are 213 test automats available.
- The additional SAP S/4HANA Cloud test tenant is a standard, non-productive, and stand-alone environment provisioned with SAP sample data that requires an additional licensing subscription.
- The single system environment is isolated from the customers Q and P systems to test and evaluate application configurations and extensions.
- The SAP S/4HANA Cloud test tenant helps customers with basic education, evaluation of new scope items – especially Add-Ons, gap/fit analysis for new projects, development and testing activities.
- Details can be found in the fact sheet within the RoadMap Viewer.
Run simple – SAP Activate – Accelerate and simplify the adoption of SAP S/4HANA.
For more information on SAP S/4HANA Cloud, check out the following links:
- SAP S/4HANA Cloud release info: http://www.sap.com/s4-cloudrelease
- Sven Denecken’s SAP S/4HANA Cloud 1811 Release Blog
- Best practices for SAP S/4HANA Cloud here
- SAP S/4HANA Cloud User Community: register here
- Feature Scope Description here
- What’s New here
- Help Portal Product Page here
Follow us via @SAP and #S4HANA