As part of the SAP S/4HANA Business Partner (Central Master Data) functional team.If you comes Business Partner Configuration in S/4HANAnew of S/4HANA, it may very helpful for them. This blog attempts to give you the configuration, customer/supplier integration steps for BP.
BUSINESS PARTNER CONFIGURATION STEPS:
Step:1 BP Roles & Groupings
Path: IMG->Cross-Application Components -> SAP Business Partner->Business Partner ->Basic Settings-> Business Partner Roles
Define BP Roles
In this IMG activity you define the business partner roles and their attributes.
You also define the role categories with other relevant data.
The BP role categories are stored in a table that has the delivery class E.
The following business partner roles are delivered by SAP:
The following role categories are delivered by SAP:
The following BP views are delivered by SAP:
Do not modify these settings.
You should modify these entries only if, for example, you
- Want to use a completely different screen sequence
- Need additional screen sequences for your own role categories
- Have defined your own processes that should be programmed on role categories.
You should not modify the role categories delivered by SAP because SAP programs may access them directly.
First make the following settings for the business partner role:
- Attributes of the Role
- a) Enter an alphanumeric, six-character key for the BP role.
- b) Enter a title as the short form and a description as the long form for the role’s text.
- c) Set the Hide flag if the role should not appear in the dropdown list box of the role selection in the dialog.
- Attributes of the Role Category
- a) Select a role category if the role should serve as a basis for programming.
Several roles can be assigned to a role category. The assigned roles are displayed in the overview. You can navigate to the respective role by double clicking.
- b) Determine which role should be assigned as the standard role.
The indicator is set automatically when a new role is created, provided the role category in question has not already had other roles assigned to it.
The indicator ensures that only one role can be read when the role category is used as a basis for programming.
Assigning a role category allows you to ensure that the role is updated in the table for the roles (BUT100).
- Settings for the Interface Control
- a) Assign a BP view.
Define the BP view in the area menu of the Business Partner in the SAP Easy Access Menu under Business Partner -> Control -> Divisibility -> BP View (transaction BUSD).
If a BP view is not assigned, the settings for the BP view 000000 (General BP) are used in the dialog.
- b) Enter the position in which the role should appear in the dropdown box of the role selection in the dialog.
If you do not make an entry for the roles, they are sorted in alphabetical order.
- Save the data.
Define your own role categories, if necessary:
- Enter a six-character key for the role category in the customer namespace (Y* und ZÜ*).
- Enter a title as the short form and a description as the long form for the text of the role category.
- Enter a differentiation type (required entry).
- Specify for which business partner categories the role category can apply.
Assign a business transaction to the role category, if necessary, and establish the influence on the transaction.
Step:2 BP Number range and Groupings
The defined number ranges are assigned to groupings in the Define groupings and assign number ranges activity.
Number ranges for business partners are valid throughout a client.
Define Number range
Define grouping and Assign number range
Standard Grouping for Internal Number Assignment
Means that this internal grouping is used as the standard grouping.
The BDT selects this standard grouping if neither a business partner number nor a grouping were assigned to the business partner when the latter was created.
The following fixed values for domains are defined: X: Yes Initial value: No
“The BDT (Business Data Toolset) is a central control tool for maintaining master data and simple transaction data. In addition to dialog maintenance, it also supports maintenance with direct input and/or function modules.
Step:3 Vendor/ Customer Integration
Path: IMG->Cross-Application Components -> Master data Synchronization ->Customer/Vendor Integration -> Business Partner Settings -> Settings for Vendor Integration
Set BP Role Category for Direction BP to Vendor
In this IMG activity you can define which BP role categories enable vendor integration in the direction from the business partner to the vendor. You can determine how the system creates a corresponding vendor in Financial Accounting when you process a business partner.
The BP role categories entered in this IMG activity are vendor-based, this means that the system has to consider vendor integration when it processes business partners with a corresponding BP role. In the IMG activity you can define whether the business partner role assigned to the BP role category is a mandatory or optional vendor business partner role.
In the case of mandatory vendor business partner roles the system automatically creates corresponding vendors. In the case of optional vendor business partner roles you can determine whether you want to create a corresponding vendor during business partner processing.
You have made settings for the BP roles and BP role categories needed in the Customizing for Cross-Application Components in the IMG activity Define BP Roles by choosing SAP Business Partner-> Business Partner-> Basic Settings-> Business Partner Roles.
If you want to enable vendor integration for a BP role category, carry out the following steps:
- Choose the business partner role category in which you want to permit vendor integration.
- Make settings for the BP role category for the vendor integration:
- If you set the Mandatory for Vendor indicator, you determine that when you process the business partner in this role category or in the assigned BP role, the system automatically processes the corresponding vendor.
- If you set the Optional for Vendor indicator, you determine that when you process the business partner in this role category or in the assigned BP role, you can decide whether the corresponding vendor is created.
You can enter the vendor created on the tab page Vendor: General Data when you process the business partner.
- If you enter a suitable function module in the field Role Control Settings, this function module makes the required vendor integration settings for the corresponding business partner role category.
- If you enter a suitable function module in the field Default Settings, the function module enters the default values for the vendor to be created.
These default values are used when you create a vendor or a company code, for example.
Define BP Role for Direction Vendor to BP
In this IMG activity you assign BP roles to the account group for the vendor master record in which the business partner is to be created when processing the vendor.
When you process the vendor as part of vendor integration the system creates a business partner with the relevant account group in the BP roles that are assigned to this account group.
- You have determined the account groups and the number ranges assigned to the account groups for creating vendor accounts in Customizing for Financial Accounting. You make these settings in the following IMG activities:
- Define Account Groups with Screen Layout (Vendors)
- Create Number Ranges for Vendor Accounts
- Assign Number Ranges to Vendor Account Groups
- You have defined and made settings for the BP role in Customizing for SAP Business Partner. You make this setting in the IMG activity Define BP Roles.
- You have made the required settings in Customizing for Master Data Synchronization by choosing Cross-Application Components-> Master Data Synchronization.
- Assign the BP roles in which the business partner is to be created when processing vendors to the account group for the vendor.
- Execute the IMG activity Assign Numbers for Direction Vendor to BP which belongs to Customer/Vendor Integration.
Step:4 Assign BP Account group and Supplier group
Path: IMG->Cross-Application Components -> Master data Synchronization ->Customer/Vendor Integration -> Business Partner Settings -> Settings for Vendor Integration -> Field Assignment for Vendor Integration->Assign Keys
Determines that the same number as the business partner number is used when a vendor master record is created.
- Number ranges have the same area
- External number assignment applies in FI.
Step:4 Vendor Account Group & Number range
Path: IMG-> LG -> BP->Suppliers -> Control
Hope you guys found it useful, do provide your feedback in comments & messages.