Simplify your hybrid implementation of SAP Fiori Cloud with SAP S/4HANA 1709 via guided, role based, automated, task-based workflows
I like to share that we have released a new product that will help SAP S/4HANA customers to connect an SAP S/4HANA and SAP Fiori Cloud system, so called hybrid setup, quickly and task-based.
What’s the benefit?
SAP Fiori Cloud can help customers modernizing the user experience of their SAP backend solutions by adopting SAP Fiori UX on SAP Cloud Platform. The initial setup of an SAP Cloud Platform account including establishing secure connectivity to an on-premise landscape is not a trivial task, according to feedback provided by our customers.
There are too many manual steps with different tools (e.g. Cloud Connector, Software Update Manager, SAP Cloud Platform Identity Authentication), too many different pieces of documentation to be found and be read. Some of our customers felt lost in time and had no feeling where they are in the process, like if there are still 10 min or 2 hours ahead to complete the initial setup.
In addition, they recognized during the process, that specific personas with specific knowledge would be needed, e.g. a cloud administrator. During the process this was difficult to manage.
Based on these customers experience we rethought the current initial implementation process.
1. We separated the pure technical generic setup tasks from the specific scenario tasks.
2. We also restructured the documentation to a task-orientated and a coherent documentation.
3. And, we provide these coherent tasks in a workflow, available via SAP Maintenance Planer.
How can customers use it?
Customers can use this voluntary service, no additional fee or license cost, if they have:
- an S-User assigned to the customer ID for access to SAP Maintenance Planner and
- an SAP Cloud Platform Neo account in EU1 region or an SAP Cloud Platform Integration account to subscribe to the SAP Cloud Integration Automation service
- SAP Fiori Cloud subscription available
- SAP S/4HANA 1709 license available
How does it work?
CIAS Scenario: SAP Fiori Cloud for SAP S/4HANA 1709 Step-by-step
- In Maintenance Planner: choose the SAP Fiori Cloud scenario and select the systems
- Use the Cloud Integration Automation Service to generate role based, predefined tasks
- In SAP Cloud Platform: assign the tasks to the right experts
- Process the tasks in the managed systems
The simplified hybrid setup is a task-orientated and three-step approach:
- Focus on generic technical setup between system A (SAP S/4HANA) and system B (SAP Cloud Platform account).
- Verify and proof with a sample app that the connectivity is successful established.
- Add your desired business scenarios with specific o-data binding (concept in verification)
Where do you get further Information?
For more information, have a look to this documentation that helps you to set up the components and the technical integration of a system landscape for SAP Fiori Cloud.
Here is an opportunity for customers!
Join our CIAS Customer Engagement Initiative, please contact me.
I am Project Expert at SAP SE with deep insights into current and future solutions.
My passion is to engage with our customers and partners to involve them in early product development. I am the Integration Owner for this CIAS scenario: Hybrid implementation of SAP Fiori Cloud with SAP S/4HANA 1709. With this, I close a two-year journey from customer feedback to a product release that help customers to save time and nerves.