New look for Software Provisioning Manager
Adjusted User Interface for Software Provisioning Manager
SAP has reacted to user feedback and usability tests and adopted to the SAP standard web user interface for Software Provisioning Manager.
With SAPinst 749.0.64, included in latest available SWPM 1.0 SP24 and SWPM 2.0 SP1, you will get the adjusted user interface when starting the Software Provisioning Manager. But no worries, it is not completely new but an evolution of the previous web UI and based on the mobile controls library.
The new user interface provides a structured and optimized view for different screen sizes enabling also mobile use. This is aligned with a similar roadmap of the Software Update Manager 2.0.
What concrete changes were incorporated:
- Better readable font
- Adjusted background color
- Browse button insight its input field
- Tabs like “Task list”, “Logfiles” and “Help” on top of the screen
- “Back” “Next” “Cancel” buttons colorful at the bottom of the screen
- “Legend” and “About” not separate anymore, but in the list symbol
- Fitting icons for activities on the top of the screen
- The progress bar with adjusted color and it’s progress % in the bar
- Logfiles and the help documentation in the lower part of the screen
Here are some screenshots that show some of the changes (highlighted in red):
Software Provisioning Manager on a mobile device:
So, enjoy the new interface of Software Provisioning Manager and best regards
Stefan Jakobi Product Management Cloud and Lifecycle Management
Be the first to leave a comment
You must be Logged on to comment or reply to a post.