The HANA library Automated Predictive Library (APL) was provided on SAP Cloud Platform only with SAP Predictive Service. Since July 2018, SAP Predictive Service were removed from the price list. To allow our customers to include predictive features inside their cloud applications, it was decided to provide them APL without extra charge on SCP DBaaS on NEO (HANA 1 or 2) and Cloud Foundry (HANA 2).
To have APL added to the list of available HANA components attached to the SCP account, a customer has to create a BCP ticket.
There are 2 links to create a BCP ticket:
On both of them, use the customer has to use his/her S-User to logon. Once connected, creates an incident ticket and provide this information:
- The priority according to your needs
- Information about your SCP system: SCP tenant, landscape and account
- For the component, choose the one which correspond with your SCP system:
- BC-NEO-PERS is to request APL for DBaaS on NEO and
- BC-NEO-PERS-CF is to request APL for DBaaS on CF
- Indicate the version of the HANA database associated to your SCP account
- The message of your request should looks like this: Enable HANA component « Automated Predictive Library (APL) »
SCP Devops will treat your request in the best delay. They will create an internal service request and the last available version of APL for the corresponding HANA version and SCP landscape will be enabled. Once done, you will see Automated Predictive Library (APL) in the list of available HANA components. Select it and start installation of APL. After a short delay, installation of APL will be finished and you be able to include its predictive features inside the SCP application you are developing.