“What are the best practices in creating a winning entry?” This is one of the most popular questions asked of the SAP Innovation Awards team as we interact with customers, partners, and colleagues around the globe.
While there are a number of tips and great examples from the 2018 winners, the most important tip is to to get started early. This ensures you have time for reviews, and to fully document your use case.
Showcase Your #SAPinnovation & Do Good
Check out the new SAP Technology YouTube video from Alison Biggan, Chief Product & Field Marketing Officer, where she shared, “We are excited to discover and showcase the amazing innovations you’re doing today by using SAP products and technologies!”
Why should you participate?
The SAP Innovation Awards program represents an opportunity to celebrate a project’s success, have a chance to gain global recognition, and stand a chance to win one of 30 free passes to SAPPHIRE NOW.
In addition, you will have opportunities to share your expertise in exclusive promotional opportunities at SAPPHIRE NOW and beyond ranging from session presentations, panel discussions, live stream videos, press and analyst meetings and interviews, as well as peer-to-peer discussions and networking.
For partners theawards provide an opportunity to promote your company’s or customer’s innovation story gain visibility, amplify successes to a broader audience, and showcase your role as an trusted partner and innovator.
Last but not least it is your chance to be part of a greater good. For every eligible entry submitted SAP will donate $100 to charity (up to $25,000). This year the charities selected are:
- CARE (https://www.care.org) – A global leader within a worldwide movement dedicated to ending poverty.
- Social Enterprise Academy (https://www.socialenterprise.academy/) – Supports thousands of people who are using business to achieve a social mission.
- Social Good Brasil (https://socialgoodbrasil.org.br/about-us) – An innovative social organization that believes in the power of innovation and technology to empower people as protagonists of social and environmental change.
Telling your Innovation Story
The SAP Innovation Awards are the premier global SAP award program recognizing innovation. Now in its 6th year, the number of submissions received has grown 6 fold with a record number of 162 entries submitted in 2018. The pitch deck is your chance to creatively present your use case in a way that showcases your success, inspires audiences around the globe to innovate, maximize your chance to be named as finalist, and gain winning scores from the esteemed judging panel.
In a recent webinar, “Share Your #SAPinnovation Story to Win, SAP Innovation Awards team member, Jeff Thompson shared five characteristics for crafting a compelling entry
- Lead with a strong title and create a WOW factor (i.e. news headline)
- Emphasize the outcome – what was the impact?
- Make it easy to read – use storytelling
- Think big! Connect to larger initiatives or apply your innovation to significant global challenges
- Be creative and use new methods or approaches to make your story emotionally appealing
How to enter
The four-step entry process includes a self-assessment tool (optional) to check if your use case is eligible for the award, creating a pitch deck , completing the entry form, and then submitting. You can download the pitch deck template and entry form on the how-to-enter page
It begins with you. ACT NOW. Plan your submission by interviewing team members, stakeholders and end users to gather insights. Get started and enter. By being pro-active you will have the time and focus to submit a great entry!
Mark Your Calendar