Your Utilities community coordinators Florian and Juergen would like to share an update on the latest news regarding SAP Customer Experience for Utilities and our SAP C/4HANA Utilities portfolio.
Coming home after two major conferences back-to-back in Barcelona and San Antonio, it’s now time to reflect and share what we learned from our customers and partners during these two weeks in October.
Did you attend as well? If you did we would love to get your feedback, observations, learning.
Post in our SAP C/4HANA online community here.
Not yet a member?
Send an e-mail to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org for access using your corporate e-mail account.
Click here for the recap of the SAP Customer Experience Live event in Barcelona.
Second up, the
SAP for Utilities conference in San Antonio, Texas, October 15-17.
Unexpectedly, quite a change in climate from Barcelona the week before after cold air from the Canadian Rockies made it way down into Texas. But as we all know, once you are inside – what difference does it make!
With almost 1000 attendees again this year this is one of the premier SAP Utilities conferences.
SAP Customer Experience for Utilities was well represented at the SAP booth showcasing our entire C/4HANA portfolio for the industry.
We saw a lot of interest in the new Utilities Call Center as part of service cloud, again coupled with AI chatbots and the 360 degree view onto the customer delivered to the agent by way of SAP Marketing customer profile.
In the interest of full transparency, I freely admit that all Barcelona demos were repeated in San Antonio.
Also repeated was the interest customers had in seeing how the various customer organizations in the Utility company can use SAP C/4HANA suite solutions to serve the customer seamlessly. And why not?
Any customer would want to choose the utility website, self-service, chatbot or call center however which way they decide to. And utilities would not want to miss a chance to help customers find the product and service they are looking for.
Our SAP Self Service Accelerator in action at the booth of our partner Smart Energy Water
I certainly did not attend all sessions for sure but here are some highlights from my point of view. Sorry for certainly missing out on other very interesting content:
- Roundtable discussion “Customer Panel: Carrying the Load – Diversifying Revenue Streams Amidst Demand Decline”. First Energy, Duke Energy and Vistra discussed how they are tapping into new revenue streams with their customers while they are experiencing a decrease in demand for energy and renewable generation on the rise.
I still remember First Energy’s response to the question (I am paraphrasing here):
“What was the one thing that you would say made you successful so far?
Selling online. ”Some things just have to be clearly stated!
- “Transforming Customer Service with SAP Cloud for Customer” where Kurt Sweetser from Southern California Edison (SCE) described his company’s decision and ongoing implementation of the SAP Service Cloud.
- “CIS: Out with the Old & In with the New” where Dan Lindner from San Diego Gas & Electric (SDG&E) talked about why they chose to partner with SAP: To deliver a replacement for their aging customer information system, to renovate their system landscape, to deliver a new modern experience, products and services to their customers.
- Keynote “Mapping the Journey to the Intelligent Utility Enterprise” from Stefan Wolf, Utilities IBU lead, on our overall SAP for Utilities solution suite.
The talk included detailed information and demos about the What and Why of the SAP C/4HANA and roadmap. Especially highlighting how together with SAP S/4HANA and SAP Leonardo (Machine Learning, AI, IoT) SAP delivers the broadest and deepest software suite for Utilities on the market today.
Our head of Utilities Product Management Dieter Koerber delivered an update on the SAP Cloud for Utilities solution development and roadmap as well.
- Axel Memminger from SAP delivered a deep dive roundtable on SAP Cloud for Utilities where we could ask detailed question on this upcoming “cloud only” software suite for Utilities.
- After that Axel showed us an interesting demo “Drive Green: A Click2Cash Journey with Electric Vehicles” on how to use SAP cloud solutions today out of the box, especially SAP Commerce and SAP Subscription Billing, to go-to-market quickly with electric vehicle charging, billing and invoicing.
During those two weeks in October with the two events we wanted to start growing our Utilities community & interest group, especially in the US and Europe. In the meantime, about 20 more customers and partners from Europe alone joined our Online community.
Thank you for your support and interest.
Looking forward to speaking to all of you soon.
Juergen and Florian
Your SAP Customer Experience Community Coordinators