Current SAP Product Support Social Media Presence
SAP Product Support’s journey into the social world began in 2011. At that point in time, it was mainly motivated by one question: How can SAP Support contribute in the social world?
Currently, seven years later,SAP’s Social Media Product Support includes the following accounts:
- Twitter @SAPSupportHelp (Product Support)
- Twitter @SAPCloudSupport (SuccessFactors Support)
- WeChat (SAP DBS)
- Youtube (Playlist at DBS Youtube channel)
Let’s have a closer look at those channels.
Recognizing that our customers were active on social media, we started using Twitter for troubleshooting updates.
Our aim is to help customers easily find the answers and tools they need to be productive, and share relevant, prescriptive product information for their specific business needs.
On the other hand, we love the possibility to listen what our audience is saying and participate proactively in social media conversations.
- We share Support information: KBAs, Notes, Security and legal changes, Support Academy and OpenSap courses, Services, Wikis, Blogs…
- We timely notify about critical and trending issues.
- We provide best practices, expert tips and advice from SAP and peers.
- You don’t need to follow our accounts to get the information, having the possibility to share your feedback about any of the posts published.
- You can post any comment / suggestion related to your experience with SAP Product Support and you’ll get a response in a very short time.
- You can request any SAP Support related information
- Your feedback helps us to improve our Knowledge Base.
We expanded our social support presence in 2017 with product support-specific WhatsApp channels that share SAP Notes, SAP Knowledge Base Articles, wiki content, Guided Answers and product tips for a specific product.
There’re currently twelve live WhatsApp channels. To check the current channels please go to our page listing all the live channels on the Support Portal.
- Highly customizable and personalized: customers subscribe to only the content for products they are interested in.
- Customers get real-time support content about the products they are using via their mobile device.
You can follow the steps described in this blog to subscribe to a channel.
WeChat is one of the largest social media app with over 900 million active users. It is a Chinese Whatsapp equivalent that provides instant messaging, commerce and payment services. It is used much more than any other social media channel in China.
SAP Product Support joined SAPDAILY WeChat channel in May 2015. We share SAP Notes, SAP Knowledge Base Articles, and also best practices, troubleshooting guides or any valuable information for proactive support. To make the content more attractive and consumable, customer needs are always our top priority.
The SAP Digital Business Services official WeChat Account (SAP服务与支持) went live on April 2018, and Product Support Information is being published under/through ? this new channel from July 2018 on.
You can access it through this QR
SAP Digital Business Services YouTube Channel is the official video channel for services and support from SAP. From Product Support, we’re publishing regularly videos about how to implement, operate and innovate better with the help of support, in the Next-Generation Support playlist at that channel.
Last but not least I’d like to share with you some feedbacks from our followers on the question: “SAP Product Support Social Media is good because…”
- It provides a powerful tool of information
- I find many new information and communication with the team is easy.
- Information reach me summarized; I can dig further if I need.
- Lots of informative documents.
- It let me connect with people which can give good tips and listen to my feedback.
- It’s a proactive way of updating all stakeholders.
Remember: Follow Product Support Social Media channels for real-time support updates and helpful product-specific resources for S-Users and Admins and peers..