ASUG Annual Conference is co-located with SAP’s SAPPHIRENOW event, which is one of SAP’s largest events around the world. The event is packed with excitement. This year the dates are May 7-9, 2019 in Orlando
Where to start?
When you enter your e-mail, you will need to create a new account with CVENT. This is the new abstract tool that ASUG is using this year.
Why Should I Submit?
If your abstract is accepted, you receive complimentary registration, you get the opportunity to share your knowledge and showcase yourself and your company. I’ve also found when I presented that I learn far more than the audience. It’s the rehearsal, preparation, and the process.
What are some tips to submit?
Some tips for your abstract:
ASUG suggests “Customers, share best practices and insights from your recent projects. Partners and SAP, your session is twice as likely to be selected if a customer is involved.”
I wrote some previous tips here. Note that this year presentation sessions are limited to 40 minute now.
I would add the tip to “submit early” and “submit often”. Often abstracts are submitted at the last minute, and they may end up in the wrong track, and the committee does not have time to catch.
Please also note the emphasis this year, as always, is on customer stories. If you are an SAP employee or a partner, I would encourage you to submit with a customer.
Spelling counts! Also something from Jennie Moreau – “cut the fluff” and “hit and quit it” in your abstract.
For BI, the track name is called “Business Intelligence and Analytics”
Other tips, per ASUG:
- Limited to 75 characters, including spaces
- Make it Interesting: this is the first thing attendees will see – entice them to read further
- Best Practice: if presenting a customer story, advertise the customer name by including it in the title
Session Description (Abstract)
- Keep it Concise: abstracts are limited to 300 characters, including spaces
- Write to Appeal to the Audience: if selected, this abstract will be displayed in the session catalog and may be used in promotional materials for the event
- Longer and more detailed information can be provided in the “agenda overview” field
ASUG Call for Presentations Terms and Conditions
Must be an active ASUG member in good standing (Membership Policy)
To help you improve your chances of getting accepted, ASUG has a Speaker Submission Webcast – you can watch it here.
For Business Intelligence, our topics have changed. Our Main Track is Business Intelligence & Analytics
- Data Warehousing
- Visualization and Dashboard
- Analytics Cloud
- BI On Premise
- Hybrid BI/Analytics
- Artificial Intelligence
- Machine Learning
- S/4HANA® Analytics
If you have questions or technical issues with the site please contact speakers at asug dot com
If you have more questions, ask below. Submit your story today