Learning Journeys – New User Experience boost your skills for success
If you haven’t yet had the chance to get to know our Learning Journeys, now is the time to check them out. Learning Journeys are interactive guides, designed to help you understand and navigate the complete path of getting to know, becoming competent or simply keeping your knowledge of SAP innovations/products up-to-date. Based on your learning goal, you can view the relevant offerings which will help you accomplish it.
Moreover, we are now ready to present the new changes to the Learning Journeys that will make your experience even more pleasant.
- The learning Journey page design is now more streamlined
- On top of stripping down the Learning Journey page, we also introduce a sleeker design for search results which is based on a card design
- Card navigation with a short description of the Learning Journey allows you to get an initial insight into the scope of a Learning Journey before opening it, thus making the browsing through the Learning Journeys easier
- An improved search will allow you to find Learning Journey based on certification or course codes and titles
- A featured content section will help you navigate faster to a pre-filtered set of Learning Journeys for key topics at SAP
- More granular Learning Journey product categories will help you navigate more easily through the extensive topics covered by Learning Journeys
- Roles relevant for Learning Journey are now more prominent so you can see straight away what Learning Journey is suitable for you
- It has become easier to navigate a learning journey dedicated to a specific product: you can now switch between roles within the same Learning Journey without getting distracted
For newcomers, we’ve added a ‘Learn more about the Learning Journeys page’ for the users to get a better idea on what Learning Journeys are. Now first-time users can get a clear understanding of the 4 possible Learning Journey scenarios: Start with an overview, Become competent, Stay current and Expand your skills. At the same time roles and delivery format descriptions have been provided for a better understanding of what the different elements of the Learning Journeys are.
Another innovation which is of great help in planning your learning activities is the Learning Advisor. The Learning Advisor is a wizard-type guide to Learning Journeys. By answering a few questions about one’s professional background, you get a set of recommendations about the matching Learning Journeys based on your preferences. The Learning Advisor is helpful to both newcomers as well as to people who are about to change careers. Its improved design is meant to also address people that are not too familiar with SAP terminology and jargon.
For SAP Learning Hub users, we’ve improved the navigation there by bringing the Learning Journey search results and the Learning Journeys themselves into a full-page view which enables an efficient page overview of the content.
Hope you like the changes we’ve made – feel free to drop us a note with your feedback at email@example.com
Learning Journeys on SAP Help Portal here