Maintaining the Profit Center Configuration
How to configure the Profit Center
The purpose of this task is to maintain the profit center configuration. The creation of the profit center master data must be executed in the Q-system and P-system. This setup must be completed before posting transactions to the system.
The delivered business role SAP_BR_GL_ACCOUNTANT or SAP_BR_OVERHEAD_ACCOUNTANT is required to execute the following procedure:
1. Use the Manage Profit Center Groups app to create a Profit Center Group ‘YBPH‘ as profit center standard hierarchy. If you do not want to use the SAP’s default value, you can create your own profit center group, but additional steps are required.
2. If using a Profit Center Group other than ‘YBPH‘, then Profit Center Standard Hierarchy must be defined. In the Manage your Solution app and the Configure Your Solution sub-app, use the configuration item Profit Center and configuration step Define Profit Center Standard Hierarchy in Controlling Area to map the profit center group defined in the previous step to the controlling area.
3. If a different profit center than the default ‘YB900’ is required for document splitting, then the expert configuration Edit Constants for Non-assigned Processes is required. Fill out the Edit Constants for Non-assigned Processes tab in the expert configuration accelerator. Create an Incident/Service Request with the Subject ‘Edit Constants for Non-assigned Processes’, Description ‘Please provide expert configuration of Edit Constants for Non-assigned Processes per the attached spreadsheet‘ and component XX-S4C-OPR-SRV.
4. Use the Manage Profit Centers app to create either default profit center ‘YB900’ and Name ‘Default’ or create your own default profit center.
5. Move the change project that contains the Define Profit Center Standard Hierarchy and optionally the Edit Constants for Non-assigned Processes to the P-system.
6. Before making any postings in your P-system, repeat step 1 to create a profit center group with the same ID that you used in the Q-system. Also, repeat step 4 to create a profit center with the same ID that you used in the Q-system.
SAP Knowledge Base Article: 2697539 – Maintain Profit Center Configuration – Fiori
Written by Cassiano Lins