Some Customer Scenarios require associations between Business Objects, which are not foreseen in Standard of SAP Marketing Cloud. A good example is a campaign for a Marketing event, which is modeled as product in Marketing. If you want to analyze the performance of that campaign, you need a direct relation between the business objects campaign and product.
With Extensibility Associations it is possible in SAP Marketing Cloud to enhance any business object with an association to the standard business objects product or product categories.
To do so, apply the following steps
- Logon as Administrator and launch the app “Custom Fields and Logic”
- Define the needed extensibility field, choose Business Context “Marketing – Campaign”, type “Association to Business Object” and select the business object “Marketing Product”
- Specify the label and description of the new field, which shall be exposed also in the UI
- Enable the desired entities, e.g. ODATA services or CDS Views, which shall be enhanced by the new custom field.
- After you have published the enhancement, you can include the custom field into the campaign UI, using the UI adaptation mode, and you have a proper F4-help available.
- The new field is also available in the CDS Queries, if you have enabled it.
Note, this feature is possible for every Business Object in Marketing, e.g. also for programs, and it is also available for Marketing – Product Categories.