SAP S/4 HANA 1809 On Premise Installation- Part 1
This tutorial blog is aimed at anyone who wants to install SAP S/4HANA-1809 on-premise system.
First we need to check the compatibility from SAP Product Availability Market to understand the support OS & DB for S/4 HANA 1809 System.
Login to https://support.sap.com/en/release-upgrade-maintenance.html (Valid S-User ID & Password required to login)
It is recommended to install SuSE Linux version 12 SPS 3 ,
TIP: Please refer SAP Note 2380257 – SAP HANA Platform 2.0 SPS 00 Release Note. You can check your operating system version as below:
SAP HANA Database Requirements:-
- The minimum required revision of SAP HANA 2.0 is Support Package 03 Database Revision 033. SAP generally recommends customers to implement the highest SAP HANA 2.0 revision available.
S/4HANA BASE INSTALLATION USING SWPM:-
Required Media for Installation:
- SWPM > You need at least Software Provisioning Manager 2.0 (SWPM) Support Package 01 for the installation. Please make sure that you always use the latest patch level of SWPM available at support.sap.com/software/sltoolset.html.
- SAP S/4 HANA 1809 Export:- Download the S/4 HANA Export from https://launchpad.support.sap.com/#/softwarecenter > Installations & Upgrades > By Alphabetical Index (A-Z) : Select S > SAP S/4HANA > SAP S/4HANA 1809 >INSTALLATION >S4CORE103_INST_EXPORT 1 to 20.
- Kernel :- https://launchpad.support.sap.com/#/softwarecenter > Support Packages & Patches (Select K from A-Z) > SAP KERNEL 64-BIT UNICODE > SAP KERNEL 7.73 64-BIT UNICODE > kernel Part 1 ( PL 18) & Kernel Part 2 (PL 18).
- Download igsexe_6-80003187, igshelper_17-10010245 & Host Agent from Support Market Place.
Extract all files in folder with full permission.
Note: I’ll suggest to create the folder for log and start the installation (SWPM) from created log file
Execute the SWPM using
Below are the command to start SAP Installation.
Select Standard System from path below:
select the parameter mode and click on next.
Select the SID as TST & Mount Directory /hana/shared and click on next
Now set FQDN for SAP system.
here i blur it due to security reason & click on Next
Now provide the SAP Master Password.
Now Database of SAP System Screen, Please provide required details Database Host,
Instance Number, Database ID (DBSID), Password of DBA click on Next.
Now SAP HANA Multitenant Database Containers enter password of SYSTEMDB & click on Next
At the screen of schema selection, Please enter details of SAP HANA DB COCKPIT.
Here enter the detail of SAPHANADB & It’s password.
On the next screen, Select the kernel file, ISGEXE & IGSHELPER and click on next.
Now on next screen SAP HANA Import Parameters accept the values and click on Next.
Now provide Installation Export accept number of parallel jobs and click on Next.
Now accept the parallel jobs and accept it.
Provide the instance number for PAS & ASCS.
Please choose the port for Message Server & Internal ABAP Message Server Port.
If you are installing the production server then strongly recommended to choose the individual key else default key.
We have given the all input for SAP S/4 HANA 1809 installation, Now we can verify the parameter and move ahead for execution phase.
If all parameter are as per the expectation then click on next otherwise revise it.
Now Installation is successfully completed… Congratulation 🙂
You can check the installed software after login to SAP system.
Please find the below learning point from installation.
- SAP S/4 HANA 1809 FP00 Installation can be performed using SWPM 2.0 SP01 or higher.
- Minimum HANA Database version should be HANA 2.0 SPS 3 rev 32
- Database can also be installed using SWPM but in this case i already installed the database.
- There is no need to extract 1809 Export file before installation. SWPM will take *.zip file and extract it during installation.
- Import ABAP phase is deprecated from the installation & now backup is restoring during installation.
- SAPABAP1 Schema is changed to SAPHANADB Schema. This name cannot be changed during or after installation.
- Kernel 7.73 is only supported for S/4 HANA 1809 Installation.
- You can also install SAP HANA Database using SWPM, as part of the installation procedure. Just download relevant media and provide the path in SWPM when prompted.
- Default languages installed with S/4HANA 1809 is English and German.
Thank you so much for reading the blog 🙂