This blog post illustrates steps to enable and use extensibility apps and transportation apps on the SAP Fiori launchpad for S/4 Hana, we need to set up the adaptation transport organizer (ATO).
The ATO creates and administers ABAP packages and transport requests in the development system prior to the release of the transports. The ATO provides an overview of all extension items and is the entry point for transporting extension items. To set up the ATO, proceed as described in the following steps.
- Open backend transaction S_ATO_SETUP
- Setup with default data (Use this action when you set up the ATO for the first time)
After completing above steps, Key user’s can use following apps in S/4 Hana apps in 1709
- Custom Fields and Logic: Key user’s use this app to create own fields and enhancement implementations to customize applications and their UIs, reports, email templates, and form templates.
- Custom Catalog Extensions app lets user to search for a business object, Open a business object, Add one or several catalogs to the business object, Activate a business object to make it available on the Fiori Launchpad
- Custom CDS Views : Key user’s use this app to create custom CDS views, based on the predelivered data sources that are built on the virtual data model. In addition to this, we can use already created custom CDS views as a basis for new custom CDS views.
- Custom Business Objects: this app lets user to generate UIs (in Cloud) and applications based on custom business objects.