Master Data Quality Management with SAP Master Data Governance on SAP S/4HANA 1809
With the latest release of SAP S/4HANA 1809, SAP Master Data Governance offers comprehensive data quality management capabilities for product master data.
Data Quality Rules
This new app provides you with a repository to catalog and define data-quality rules. You can describe your rules comprehensively, including business aspects, ownership information, and their implementations. Life-cycle management is supported by status handling and various collaboration features.
Measure Data Quality
The data quality rules can be applied to all product master data in your SAP S/4HANA system to provide a one-time or scheduled evaluation, for example at regular intervals. This provides you not only with a snapshot of the current findings on the level of each product and rule. You can decide how long to keep these results, so you can observe trends and deltas over time. Rules can be assigned to freely defined data quality dimensions and weighted according to their impact to provide you with data quality scores.
Analyze Data Quality
The evaluation result can be analyzed using attributes of product master data and data quality rules, so that you can manage your data quality initiatives and prioritize your efforts according to impact and business value.
Correction of Data Quality Issues
Core editing capabilities of SAP S/4HANA, as well as extended features provided by SAP Master Data Governance for governance of product master data, are integrated with the data quality analysis to efficiently fix errors.
Data Quality Overview
Data quality information at a glance is provided in one single place, where you can see the current data quality score, it’s trend over time and the distribution of errors in your product master data along multiple dimensions. From this overview page you can drill-down to the actual evaluation result on the level of products and rules.
Master Data Quality Management with SAP Master Data Governance provides you with unique benefits:
- A central repository for data quality rules, striving to cover every master data process in SAP Master Data Governance
- With a few configuration steps (link help.sap.com) and no development at all you are ready to go with data quality management that is embedded into SAP Master Data Governance and SAP S/4HANA.
- An easy way for rule implementation, based on the pre-defined product master data model, including for example value helps, plus the strengths of the BRFplus workbench and the robustness of its execution runtime
- All data quality capabilities are accessible via the SAP Fiori Launchpad, making them available to all stakeholders in your organization embedded in their regular SAP S/4HANA work environment.
- The possibility to drill-down from high-level KPIs, down to direct access to active master data in one single place, benefiting from the integration into SAP S/4HANA, for example due to the re-use of application authorizations when analyzing evaluation results.
- Insight-to-action from where you analyze data quality findings to actually correct detected errors
- Get to know the data quality management capabilities
- Webinar recording featuring Data Quality Management with SAP Master Data Governance on SAP S/4HANA 1809
- Documentation of configuration and usage
Visit http://help.sap.com/s4hana, then navigate to Product Assistance => Cross Components => Master Data Governance. See the respective sections on Rule Management and Quality Evaluation.