S/4 HANA for Group Reporting : Overview
This blog is an introduction to S/4 Hana Group Reporting.
The first foundation is : Group Reporting can also be used independently from operational accounting or other ERP functions in SAP S/4 HANA.
Below are some fundamentals of the tool:
– SAP Product Strategy for Consolidation:
Development focus of our existing on-premise consolidation solutions
– The product story and vision
– Vision / Product Strategy
- Unified reporting framework for local and group anytime data access in SAP S/4HANA
- Leverage all details of the accounting system where available
- Blending of local and group close (shared user experience, process support, tools)
Group Reporting Platform:
- Support complete flow of collection, processing, analysis, publication
- Data categories and reporting cycles with varying levels of detail for plan, actuals, simulation, …
- SAP Analytics Cloud integration and API‘s to ingest or extract data
Context to data:
- Notes and qualitative data are as important as number crunching
- System generated, and end-user created textual annotations to data
- Communication, preparation, education, assistance functions
Engineered for Cloud:
- Cost-efficient resource sharing and automated operations
- Easy to implement, fast adoption of changes
- Collaborate beyond corporate boundaries
– SAP S/4HANA Continuous Accounting and Group Reporting, information at any moment in time
Entity close and group close are converging for the next generation in terms of speed and quality of closing.
A new SAP solution for group reporting is emerging in the cloud
The new solution core is planned to become available as part of SAP S/4HANA 1809 on-premise
Thanks for the update! much appreciated. regards, H
Good Starting Point still leaves tons of questions :
i) Is S/4 HANA Group Reporting the future Path for all consolidation solutions or it will exist hand in hand with BPC ?
ii) What is recommended and choice Matrix for Customers ? And Support Plan for existing ? Currently as I see we have 4 Flavors of consolidation solutions :
a) BPC standard :
b) BPC on BW Embedded - Cool experiment by SAP
c) BPC Optimized, or Real Time consolidation - A Real struggle to say the least. Another Experimental approach from SAP
b) SAP Financial consolidation.
Appreciate any direction as to if you are Greenfield, or Existing on one - this is the better approach, time each is supported, whether new developments will be done to current versions etc.
Enhancement are standard part of any solution, But completely changing Product offering and Architecture in the consolidation space every 2 to 3 years seems SAP is still figuring out direction here.
HI Venkata Singanamala,
is it true that SAP Financial Consolidation is different from S4H Group Reporting?
Raja Sekhar Andey
Yes, that is correct.
SAP FC is more used in Europe and Japan. Very few customers on SAP FC since those customers from Europe. It is based on NW.
S4Group Reporting is based on S4H/SAP system and not an Addon or Embedded.
S4Group Reporting has been developed based on SAP EC-CS Consolidation/BCS Consolidation and BPC Consolidation
Hope this will helps You