Beginning early 2017 ; SAP Digital Interconnect added email as an API led digital business service to its portfolio, expanding the ability for consumer platforms ( such as SAP Marketing Cloud) to engage using multiple channels such as SMS, In-app Push and email using a single in-house service.
Email offers some unique channel advantages:
- Email boasts the highest number of worldwide users ~4 billion
- New public cloud driven businesses increasingly use a JSON/ RESTful API based email service
- Despite social networks and messaging platforms commanding ever-increasing subscription, email continues to be a highly relevant communication channel with a low cost per engagement. As further illustration; consider the below statistics on cost per engagement (tabulated based on internal and industry research)
* SAP Digital Interconnect estimates and average costs
- Finally, Using email & SMS in conjunction is a great way to optimize engagement.Since SMS provides the benefit of immediate engagement ( >90% read rate within 30 minutes of receiving an SMS).
Email from SAP Digital Connect is also pre-integrated with SAP Marketing Cloud, offering our end customers a seamless One SAP experience. Here is an end to end view of how this comes together
End to End view of SAP Marketing Cloud and SAP Digital Interconnect Email
Email as communication channel from SAP Digital Interconnect team and associated email management is available for SAP Marketing Cloud 1608 or younger and SAP Hybris Marketing (On-Prem) 1602 or younger.
To better understand the service features available with SAP Marketing cloud ; here is a tabulated view. The feature list will continue to be enhanced. To get the latest view ; please reach out to an SAP Digital Interconnect contact .
Getting started with email is easy
Email API’s and service from SAP Digital Interconnect is already built into SAP Marketing cloud and with a few provisioning steps ; the tenant is up and running to execute an email campaign. Here is a quick overview:
1 Subscriber list management is critical for local regulatory and data privacy requirements.
A more detailed help guide is also available as part of the SAP Marketing Cloud help documentation here https://tinyurl.com/yce2ab5y
Please use the look up path as below:
- Integration Scenarios > Outbound > Sending Emails and Text Messages > Setting up Service provider for emails and Text Messages
For more information or for an opportunity , please reach us at the email address below:
Along with SMS and in-app push ; email from SAP Digital Interconnect is a great way to optimize consumer engagement. Email comes pre-integrated as a service with SAP Marketing Cloud , but can also be plugged into any other consumer platform or application. If you are interested and need further information; please send an email to the distribution list provided above.