Integrated email & SMS service from SAP Digital Interconnect is a critical last-mile connect for SAP Marketing Cloud
Beginning 2nd half of 2016 ; we , at SAP Digital Interconnect, added email as an API led digital business service to our portfolio, expanding the ability for consumer platforms ( such as SAP Marketing Cloud) to engage using multiple channels such as SMS, In-app Push and email using a single in-house service.
Email offers some unique channel advantages:
- Email boasts the highest number of worldwide users ~4 billion
- New public cloud driven businesses increasingly use a JSON/ RESTful API based email service
- Despite social networks and messaging platforms commanding ever-increasing subscription, email continues to be a highly relevant communication channel with a low cost per engagement.For e.g. Consider the below statistics on cost per engagement (tabulated based on internal and industry research)
* Industry estimates
- Finally, Using email & SMS in conjunction is a great way to optimize engagement with SMS providing the benefit of immediacy in engagement ( >90% read rate within 30 minutes of receiving an SMS).
In line with a “One SAP” approach; email from SAP Digital Connect is also pre-integrated with SAP Marketing Cloud(For SAP Marketing Cloud 1608 or younger and SAP Hybris Marketing (On-Prem) 1602 or younger), offering SAP customers a seamless One SAP experience. SMS capabilities are already integrated with SAP Hybris Marketing Release 1502 or younger.
An end-to-end view of how this comes together is pictorially represented below:
An End-to-End service
For SAP Marketing Cloud customers; getting started with email is easy
With a few provisioning steps ; the tenant is up and running to execute an email campaign. Here is a quick overview:
1 Subscriber list management is critical for local regulatory and data privacy requirements.
A more detailed help guide is also available as part of the SAP Marketing Cloud help documentation here -> https://tinyurl.com/yce2ab5y
Please use the look up path as below:
- Integration Scenarios > Outbound > Sending Emails and Text Messages > Setting up Service provider for emails and Text Messages
Write to us
Along with SMS and in-app push; email from SAP Digital Interconnect is a great way to optimize consumer engagement. While Email comes pre-integrated as a service with SAP Marketing Cloud ( with 100+ customer adoption and 70+Million emails monthly) ; the service can also be plugged into any other consumer platform or application using the email API from SAP Digital Interconnect.
For more information on the email or multi-channel API; or an opportunity around SAP Marketing Cloud or SAP Cloud Platform or a custom use case for SAP Digital Interconnect, please reach out to one of us at SAP Digital Interconnect. We are happy to help.