What’s New in SAP Analytics Cloud and SAP Digital Boardroom Release 2018.19
This blog covers some of the latest new features and enhancements in SAP Analytics Cloud and SAP Digital Boardroom release 2018.19. Please note that the Analytics Cloud Help documentation is updated at the same time as the upgrade to this release, so the links here may not yet reflect what is described below until after the upgrade is complete.
Upgrade your SAP Analytics Cloud agent to the latest agent version 1.0.203 to take advantage of all the data acquisition types!
If you haven’t upgraded yet, here are the data acquisition minimum requirements:
- Version 1.0.109 for SAP Business Warehouse (BW)
- Version 1.0.99 for SAP ERP / SQL databases
- Version 1.0.91 for SAP Universe (UNX)
- Version 1.0.75 for all other data source types
For more information, see System Requirements and Technical Prerequisites.
Highlights of this release:
- Data Visualization: Hide Filter Range details
- Smart Assist: Smart Discovery enhancements
- Administration & Infrastructure: Export/Import improvements for live SAP HANA blending
Learn with our latest video tutorials
- Create a model from SuccessFactors Workforce Analytics
- Apply filters to a chart in a story
- Apply filters to a geo map in a story
- Full tutorial playlist >
Too much clutter in your story? No worries, story designers can hide the filter range details for a cleaner look and feel. This is the best practice for responsive pages as these details will not get cut off when widget size adjusts to the available space.
New insights are right at your fingertips! You can now run Smart Discovery to analyze your data using machine learning algorithms. There are two entry points to surface hidden insights and trends for a selected measure or dimension:
- Home screen – When starting a new story, select “Create a Smart Discovery”
- Existing story – Smart Discovery icon in the tool section
Smart Discovery will generate four story pages populated with insights about your selected measure and dimensions. Pages include the Overview, Key Influencers, Unexpected Values, and Simulation.
Currently, Smart Discovery is only supported for acquired data. However, support for live connectivity is in our 2019 road map. Stay tuned!
Exporting a live data connection to SAP HANA now includes its SAP HANA Smart Data Integration (SDI) connection. This is used when live SAP HANA and import connection blending is configured. After importing, you will need to:
- Go to System > Administration > Datasource Configuration
- Edit the agent registration to reset its HANA XS password, and then update the on-premise SDI Data Provisioning Agent to use the new credentials
- Edit the remote source and enter the credentials for the on-premise HANA system’s SDI_ADMIN user
- Video tutorials
- Guided learning
- Events and recordings
- SAP Analytics Cloud help resources
- Official roadmap contains more info on future plans, subject to change.
Previous feature summary blogs:
- SAP Analytics Cloud release 2018.17
- SAP Analytics Cloud release 2018.16
- SAP Analytics Cloud release 2018.15
- SAP Analytics Cloud release 2018.14
- SAP Analytics Cloud release 2018.13
- SAP Analytics Cloud release 2018.12
- SAP Analytics Cloud release 2018.11
- SAP Analytics Cloud release 2018.10
- SAP Analytics Cloud release 2018.09
- SAP Analytics Cloud release 2018.08
- SAP Analytics Cloud release 2018.07
- SAP Analytics Cloud release 2018.06
- SAP Analytics Cloud release 2018.05
- SAP Analytics Cloud release 2018.04
- SAP Analytics Cloud release 2018.03
- SAP Analytics Cloud release 2018.02
- SAP Analytics Cloud release 2018.01
- More >
SAP has no obligation to pursue any course of business outlined in this blog or any related presentation, or to develop or release any functionality mentioned therein. This blog, or any related presentation and SAP’s possible future developments, products and or platforms directions and functionality are all subject to change and may be changed by SAP at any time for any reason without notice. The information in this blog is not a commitment, promise or legal obligation to deliver any material, code, or functionality. This blog is provided without a warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement. This blog is for informational purposes and may not be incorporated into a contract. SAP assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in this document, except if such damages were caused by SAP’s willful misconduct or gross negligence.
All forward-looking statements are subject to various risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from expectations. Readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements, and should not be relied upon in making purchasing decisions.